Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2012 or 2013

I am assuming the Thor ACE motorhomes being built in the factory right
now are the 2013 model and the 2012 are no longer being built since when searching there are now a lot of 13s out there. Is this the correct assumption?
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Yes. Pretty commom in the MH industry for a long time. My '99 was built in March 1998.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #4

And my '13 ACE was built in March of '12. The MH industry is even worse than the auto industry about having model years that start way before the calendar year. However, my chassis is a '12 model that was built in Jan.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #5

Our 2013 was built in May this year, and have the 2012 chassis as well.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the replies folks! I didn't realize they switched over to build the next year of MH so early. Definitely worse than the auto industry.

Since I have you ACE 29.2 owners - how do you like this coach? I see one in my near future and would love to hear you opinions.

Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek5 View Post

Since I have you ACE 29.2 owners - how do you like this coach? I see one in my near future and would love to hear you opinions.

Thanks again!
We're very happy with the overall size. Easy to drive, not too difficult to maneuver and park. The floorplan is perfect for us. It's just the DW, me, and two medium size dogs. We all have plenty of room and never feel cramped. Lots of storage space, and the mega storage is great for bulky items. I continue to be concerned by the generator issues and time will tell if that's been fixed. We had some issues we discovered on PDI and on our first trip, but truly no more and no worse than any other RV we've had. With those sorted out, it's been relatively trouble free. I'm not a fan of the macerator, but Thor was limited in placement of the black/gray tanks since the 29.2 was a spinoff of the original design. Without a major basement redesign the macerator was a requirement. I haven't had any major problems with the macerator (just one blown fuse), but I have greater confidence in old fashioned gravity. All tanks are reasonably sized. I do wish we had greater CCC. Thor seems to build awfully close to GVWR. Because of the slim margin we have I'm very weight conscious. On our last long trip (10) days we weighed on our way out of town and were within 180 lbs of GVWR. And that's with the white tank empty. If you were a boondocker and wanting to head out with fresh tanks full + a normal load of food/clothes/gear/beverages I think you'd be very hard pressed not to be overweight.

Bottom line, if mine got totaled today I expect we'd buy another one just like it.