Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #1

2015 Axis

We wanted to give all 2015 Axis owners a heads up on a wiring problem. We found the wiring harness to the TV (over entry door) got caught between the forward bunk and the gear mechanism (passenger side) and damaged the outer sleeve and wire within. The ty-rap that was supposed to hold the harness away from the gear mechanism was not tightened enough to prevent contact with the gear . I'm sure a couple more up and down movements of the bunk would have broken the wire itself causing a dead short or worse. Take a look at yours!
Also wondering if anyone has had a problem with the outside windshield rubber molding coming off. We were on the expressway for 15 minutes while doing our first shakedown cruise and the molding started unraveling. Had the dealer reinstall molding with adhesive/caulk. Left the dealer and five minutes on the expressway molding came peeling off of windshield again. RV now at dealer for a week while they try to figure out what is happening. Has anyone experienced this problem?
exbostonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #2

Wow! No response. No thanks for the info or otherwise. Umm, Wonder if everyone is out and about and you just don't have time to respond? I was reprimanded for posting this same message on a different menu within IRV2. Can't win either way it appears.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
RV8

2015 Axis

Howdy ExBostonian

Just hang in and be patient. Maybe all the Axis owners are still out camping.
Great catch and good descriptive.
RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the advice RV8. I was under a little pressure to advise my dealer on how to handle this issue. My RV has been in the shop for a month and a half of the two months I've owned it. All because of the molding flying off every time I drive it. In fact it is still in the shop and the dealer does not know what to do. They have ideas but nothing works. I was hoping someone out there has experienced this and could give me a tip. I'm ready to ship it back to Thor service in Indy but they are booked up until the end of August But your right I'll hang in there. Eventually the problem will be solved.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:49 AM   #5

The window molding problem hasn't happened with mine. Thanks for the tip on the TV wiring around the bunk. I will take a look at that.
Axis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #6

Just got mine home on Sat., but did not notice any molding coming loose on the windshield. Sure have enough other things to fix. The 2015 I have was bought as is and used. Owner only put less than 25 miles on it.

Thanks for the tip on wiring at bunk. Mine seems to be tied down ok.
mcr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #7

Molding Fixed

Hope all of you folks are enjoying your Axis. We finally had molding issue fixed. Dealer originally tried adding RTV sealant but it turns out that was not a good idea. The fix was to remove windshield and replace interior key molding then reinstall new outer molding without using any sealant at all. One thousand miles and still holding so far. Lots of other problems we are still working on but we do enjoy the RV and are hoping that by next season most of the issues will be taken care of. Thanks for your responses.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
I read your comment and as a result watch out for the wires. But didn't watch out for the seat belt buckle on passenger side that was up high and the bed come down on it, didn't do much harm, just a little scape. I've had my Axis for 2 wks. Still learning it. Any advice or insight is appreciated.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready View Post
I read your comment and as a result watch out for the wires. But didn't watch out for the seat belt buckle on passenger side that was up high and the bed come down on it, didn't do much harm, just a little scape. I've had my Axis for 2 wks. Still learning it. Any advice or insight is appreciated.
Yup, lessons learned. With drop down bed:

1) Unlock pins (obvious till you forget).
2) Make sure seats are set to recline or it will hit.
3) Before step 2 make sure slide is where you want it or it will hit the back of seat.
4) cable of TV and seatbelt clear as stated earlier.
5) put all the way down or all the way up
6) climb using middle of bed, to much weight to either end decline that end if step 5 no adhered to.
7) Enjoy you evening in the Twin Bed.
aero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #10

Ready.. it got my seatbelt buckle also. Mine broke though and had to be replaced. Hope you haven't had too much go wrong MCR. My list is expanding every time I take the RV out for a spin it seems. I like your list aero. I've had both motors and tracks replaced on bunk.(Maybe because of #6 on your list)! Repair is ongoing with the bunk. Two screws placed where they should not have been and too long to boot, tore up some of the interior vinyl. Dealer having issues getting parts from Thor. Just had the windshield washer motor replaced and working on possible cracked inner tire air valve. Other than that still like the RV and hoping to have all of the problems worked out by spring.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #11

Have you seen a list of Thor Axis issues that I can be made aware of? I will ask the dealer to include them in my "pre-delivery" inspection items?
evergreen49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbostonian View Post
Ready.. it got my seatbelt buckle also. Mine broke though and had to be replaced. Hope you haven't had too much go wrong MCR. My list is expanding every time I take the RV out for a spin it seems. I like your list aero. I've had both motors and tracks replaced on bunk.(Maybe because of #6 on your list)! Repair is ongoing with the bunk. Two screws placed where they should not have been and too long to boot, tore up some of the interior vinyl. Dealer having issues getting parts from Thor. Just had the windshield washer motor replaced and working on possible cracked inner tire air valve. Other than that still like the RV and hoping to have all of the problems worked out by spring.
I also had the windshield washer repaced, it seems a few had the same issue.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen49 View Post
Have you seen a list of Thor Axis issues that I can be made aware of? I will ask the dealer to include them in my "pre-delivery" inspection items?
No list that I have seen. But, I would recommend what you are doing right now, research the forums. Find the repeating problems with the product on the Axis/Vegas (same products) and have that list with you (eg. windshield washer pump). This goes for all Motorhomes for sure, use the product as much as you can within the first 12 months before full warranty expires (Hard to do if your from the North). There seems to be something to be adjusted or just replaced to bring the coach to 100% before that time expires. Overall, it seems most owners including myself are still Happy with the purchase even with the issues that developed. Good Luck and Congrats on your purchase. Keep us posted.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen49 View Post
I can give you a partial list of my problems so far, things you may want to watch for:

*Had both motors and gear mechanisms replaced on cockpit bunk. Ongoing issues with same (two extra-long screws misplaced and tearing up vinyl on passenger side).

* Top entry step mat replace (factory recall issue)

* Wiring harness to TV jammed and crushed between gear and front bunk frame.

* Shower curtain and liner stuck to shower wall due to excess silicone caulking. (needed to be replaced)

* Outer windshield molding kept unraveling and coming off (two month fix ordeal, finally removed windshield and replaced inner key base molding and had new outer rubber molding installed)

* Passenger side mud flap hitting exhaust pipe and melting

* Rear bumper painted over rust. Will need repainting.

* Windshield washer pump motor blowing fuse. Replaced pump.

* Large gap between driver side dash board and windshield column. Needs foam sealant in both columns from engine compartment side.

* Generator exhaust pipe support bracket to nowhere. Not attached to anything.

* Continue having problems with inner dual rear tire valve extension leaks. Flex extension replaced twice so far finally with rigid extensions.

+ Lots of areas around shower need additional caulking (sink base, floor pan etc)