Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #1

2015 Thor Outlaw 37MD

Hello everyone!
We just purchased our first RV every, and we went with the Outlaw 37MD. We have only used it on our land out by the fire pit. We live up in Canada and honestly weather is just starting to smart'n up.

I have been reading your threads since January, but just got our RV end of April. So much information on here from all of you. I have read everything you have put on here about the Outlaws...2007-2015 - I wont brag about my new LED lights or Rapid Camp remote!! lol Really didn't know i was getting it as we ordered our RV in January. And low and be hold we got the new options when it showed up. I do have a couple questions, I remember reading something about the external fuel nozzle...

I used it for the first time to fill the lawn tractor and it comes out at such a slow pace. It does build pressure and when you first squeeze the nozzle it comes out good then dies off. Looks like the hose going into the pump is really small??

And the next one is the TV's don't work when driving - I assumed they would as they are all behind the driver...Even the back one by the sliding doors at least. I have the invertor but when you turn on the ignition the lock out relay shuts them down with in ~10 seconds. Anyone know how to remove this on the Outlaw 37MD?

Well thanks again for all the great posts - I look forward to learning about RVing and contributing to this forum!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Thor Outlaw 37MD.png
Views:	876
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	63638
JALTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

And welcome to the Outlaw life!

This thread is mostly questions, so per Forum precedent I'm gonna move it to the Thor Owners Forum to get more traffic.

So please consider a new - New Member Check In Post.

And, hope you say "Hey" at our thread for http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...aw-102560.html

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Nice to see you here.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:42 AM   #4

Nice looking OTL, Jaltar. Congrats! But it looks like it has too many awnings. I'd be happy to take the one over the Don deck off your hands, I will find a nice home for it

But seriously, how about some photos showing how that awning stores and deploys, it looks very interesting.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:55 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on the new OTL I love the rear awning as well.

I had an 09 and the TV above the entry door was on the inverter as well as the DVD player. Maybe they changed it.

That fuel station is a slow fill so don't plan on using it as a main source of fuel. Besides, it pulls from your main tank. I used it only if I ended up back at camp really in need of fuel. Otherwise I would get fuel from a station

Best of luck with it!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #6

Welcome and congrats on your new rig! I have a 2014 and am not sure if our TVs stay on while driving, I never really checked. In case they do not I too would be interested if it could be over-ridden.

For those interested in the back awning, I saw one last week at the dealer and it is pretty slick. I had them give me a quote to see how much it would be to add to my rig…yeah, way to spend-y an add-on! But it is nice to know it can be done.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #7

Rear Outlaw Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Nice looking OTL, Jaltar. Congrats! But it looks like it has too many awnings. I'd be happy to take the one over the Don deck off your hands, I will find a nice home for it

But seriously, how about some photos showing how that awning stores and deploys, it looks very interesting.
When I get a chance i'll take some video deploying awning and put it on here. After I figure out how and if I can do that!! It's pretty slick awning...not automatic like the rest of them but takes no time at all.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
Welcome and congrats on your new rig! I have a 2014 and am not sure if our TVs stay on while driving, I never really checked. In case they do not I too would be interested if it could be over-ridden.

For those interested in the back awning, I saw one last week at the dealer and it is pretty slick. I had them give me a quote to see how much it would be to add to my rig…yeah, way to spend-y an add-on! But it is nice to know it can be done.
They tell me there is a "lock out relay"...just have to figure out how to disable it. Kids would like to watch TV when we travel. Even just the one in the back room by the rear slide out would be enough. Just turn your inverter on, power up the TV's and then turn your ignition on for the engine...ours shuts everything off after about 10 second. Let me know if you figure anything out. I'm away at work at the moment but I'll try and figure it out when I get home.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #9

Hi fellow new Outlaw owner! I think we have the same issue with our 2015 37MD. What I'm thinking is you "may" have to unplug the TV from current jack and plug into one of the jacks that has a sticker saying it's a grounded plug. "GFI?" Something like that. Also, if you haven't checked under the U-Shaped dinnette - you should have a sub-woofer. Ours was wired for one, but it was missing. Thor is sending one to my local Camping World to install. Also, there may be 3 wires under that same seat that are "bare" on the ends. Make sure they are not touching. Test all your speakers too. Our right front one near passenger seat doesn't work at all. A neat trick here if you want to use the on board speakers with your TV's. Take a Y split cable that has 2 audio jacks (that would plug into the audio out jacks on your TV) and converts down to one sterio AUX input plug. I used this on our garage TV with a simple 3-foot cable. Now, I can listen to the TV throught the Outlaws speakers both in the garage and outside. THEN, I hooked up the one up front to the front radio and wa-laa - super surround sound. Can't take credit for this as it was a post at www.rvoutlawz.com which is a great place to find upgrades and equipment for working from "home." Also, we just ordered what they have some great pictures of - and Xtend-A-Room tent for the back deck. Now you can keep it dry out there without pulling the ramp back up. We have the 3rd awning too, but a wind gust nearly pulled it off. This Xtend a room should help with that. Happy camping!!
Outlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #10

Oh, and if you find out about the inverter - please let me know!! Thanks!!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #11

I am interested in hearing from you both how the sub-woofer works out. We have one under one of the dinette seats. When you turn on the radio you can hear the subwoofer come on….and then that is it. When we mentioned this to the dealer to have other warranty work done they said that the Jensen radio did not have the capability to be wired for the subwoofer sound and that is why it doesn't work.

Personally I thought that was BS. MrOrangePeel took it at face value because he thinks the radio is a POS to begin with, But then he is an audiophile and a bit more picky. So the question becomes….will you be told something different. Will your Jensen work with that sub.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #12

Unfortunatly, our OTL is still at Camping World of Raleigh.
One thing I did find out is about the inverter (this was earlier when we dropped it off the first of June). You have to turn on the generator first and then turn the TV on that you want to watch. Turn the inverter on, then turn the generator off and it should work. Try that and let me know because I haven't had a chance to test it since CW has had my OTL longer than I have!!!!
Been there over 7 weeks now waitin for parts from Thor and getting the billing between the CW we bought from in Atlanta and this CW straightened out. Boy, I can tell you one thing - CW Service has be terrible!!!! We stopped by to check on the OTL last week. The back entrance door to garage was not locked. Just walked right in. They had left our refigerator door closed and now it has mold. The house battery completely spent. I had put the RV power in "store" position, but obviously when they moved it, they turned the house power back on and it has drained the batteries. When I mentioned this they told me not to worry, that the generator would recharge them. I'm wondering if they are ruined now. Anyone know?
Also, the parts they odered came in weeks ago, but they changed our service rep and the new guy was like "we are still waiting on parts" - I told him everything was in weeks ago. Then he said they were waiting to hear back from Thor as to where the sub-woofer went. "Under the freakin dinnette" I answered not so happily.
Oh well, live and learn. I WANT MY OUTLAW BACK!!! And I want it back in better, not worse, shape I left it there. Can't wait to get it and send a letter to the owner if everything on my punch list isn't 100% right. AAAUUGGGGHHH!!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #13

Inverter

This is what I was told on how to get the inverter to work, although I haven't tried it yet because CAMPING WORLD has had mine almost 2 months now.

1) Turn the engine on (optional)
2) Turn the generator on
3) Turn on TV (or TV's) you want to watch
4) Turn on inverter (green light should come on - you may have to hold a few seconds.
5) Turn the generator off

The TV's should now work.

Let me know if this works cause like I said, CW has had mine longer than I've owned it...

Thanks,
Old 08-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
This is what I was told on how to get the inverter to work, although I haven't tried it yet because CAMPING WORLD has had mine almost 2 months now.

1) Turn the engine on (optional)
2) Turn the generator on
3) Turn on TV (or TV's) you want to watch
4) Turn on inverter (green light should come on - you may have to hold a few seconds.
5) Turn the generator off

The TV's should now work.

Let me know if this works cause like I said, CW has had mine longer than I've owned it...

Thanks,

This still doesn't work for TVs running while driving. As soon as the ignition key is turned on, 10 seconds later the TVs shut down.

Tags
thor