Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #99

Where Did They Move The Refrigerator Shutoff?

Thanks for posting a picture of the fridge shutoff. This is what I mentally pictured by the explanation from the dealers and Thor. I had not considered that water and electric don't mix too well together. Good point but it ain't suppose to leak - we hope.

I looked in my outdoor access panel again the other day hoping that maybe I'd missed something. But no. No valve and still no water to the fridge.

Dave
Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #100

Freightliner Owners Club
I verified there is a water shut off valve for the fridge behind a panel accessed from the outside on my Venetian A40. It is a little hard to find because it is located about 8 inches aft of the door opening.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #101

Tire Pressure Monitoring

Mike,

Do you have a Tire Minder monitor system? I was looking at earlier in the year posts and I think your dashboard picture shows one next to your GPS.

Here is why I’m asking. I have a Truck System Technology TST 507 system with 10 sensors (6 for the coach and 4 for the towed). It worked fabulously on the Palazzo. On the Venetian I can’t get the sensors to read the inside dual on either side of the coach. I can get pressure just fine when I manually check it with a gauge but the TST sensors read zero. The TST factory was no help other than suggesting I swap sensors around to make certain the sensors are good – and they are as they work fine on other valve stems. The final TST solution was to purchase their valve extensions and mount them on the Venetian. I’m thinking this might be throwing good money after bad because I have no guarantee their extensions will work any differently. Plus, I have to pay someone to mount the new extensions and two tire shops have told me they would not take on this job.

So, are your sensors/transmitters by Tire Minder? And obviously, do they all work okay? Are you happy with their product?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #102

I had the same problems with the inside duals not reading pressure. However mine is a Pressure Pro system. The problem however is resolved. It was due to interference from the radio. Put a remote antenna on it that mounts away from the radio and I have no more problems. You might look into that possibility as well
Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #103

Freightliner Owners Club
Dave, just like Harry I also have a problem with the sensors on the inside duals. In my case the monitor reads Nos indicating no signal.

Yesterday before heading out all sensors read. While driving all sensors read. Several hours after parking I noticed both inside duals read Nos. When I carried the monitor outside to one of the wheels it still read Nos. I removed the inside sensor and the monitor still read Nos. As a test I removed the outside sensor and the monitor read leaking. Then I reinstalled both sensors and they both read normally.

One thing I notice when installing a sensor on either inside dual is that I hear no hiss like the sensor is being pressurized. If a sensor is not being pressurized for a long period of time I don't know if the monitor is programed to read Nos. However, while driving all sensors have always worked. Also, before leaving in a morning they all seem to work. Maybe when the tire pressure slightly increases, by driving or sun light, they start working?

My system is a Tire Minder which was installed on the Palazzo and transferred to the Venetian. I use a signal repeater which was mounted in the back closet and connected to the always hot side of the closet light.

I was not aware that others also experience inside dual reading problems. Possibly doing something to cause the sensor to push in the Schrader valve slightly more would solve this problem. However, if the sensor comes off I would not want whatever mod was done to prevent the valve from seating.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #104

I was told by Pressure Pro not to mount my repeater in the rear closet if it has sliding mirrored doors on them. The silver coating on the back of the mirrors blocks the signal.

I should clarify my previous post. I get no signal from my dropped sensors. They indicate as lost sensors due to not receiving a signal within a given time frame.

Once I put up the external antenna on my Pressure Pro receiver I have not needed a repeater anymore either. It works that much better.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #105

Tire Pressure Monitoring

Harry, good recommendation about radio interference. In my case it didn’t solve the problem but it was good try. I have a signal booster repeater for my system and on or off it makes no difference in the readings. The inside duals are not responding.

This morning I prepared what my wife calls my “spreadsheet” – essentially a checklist of options to try and retry to make certain I covered all the bases. I swapped sensors from the inside to the outside and the other side, including the sensors from the towed even though they are not flow-thru. Like you mentioned Mike, installing sensors on the outside dual gives a little hiss but with the inside dual I get nothing. I say that, but once I did manage a temporary reading from one of the inside duals when I mounted the towed sensor but it didn’t last.

I even used a core valve tool to raise the stem to stand just a little proud of the valve stem to try and promote activity but no luck there either.

I’m headed to Wakarusa at the end of the month and this problem is on my punch list. I’ll let everyone know if by some miracle resolution to this problem is achieved. I plan to mount all the sensors prior to departure and I’ll see if I get readings while moving down the road like Mike did.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:28 PM   #106

Freightliner Owners Club
Dave, I think you jinxed me. On my way home today one of the inside duals refused to read. The reason I do not think the problem is signal strength is that carrying the monitor to the wheel does not help. I am still thinking the problem has to do with the extensions not passing pressure to the sensor. Also, the Tire Minder sensors are not flow through. They have to be removed to add air.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #107

Freightliner Owners Club
After moving the repeater from the back closet and tye wrapping it to the outside of the battery box under the coach, there have not been any problems for two trips.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #108

Mike,

Thanks for the tire monitor update. I've just completed a week in Wakarusa with great success. On the way I put all my sensors on but never had a reading from the inside duals. While swapping stories in the campground I found a gent who has the same system as mine and the same problem. He said I need to buy their extensions and install them and junk out the ones currently installed. His works fine now. I plan to replace mine when I return home next month. In the meantime I check pressure in the morning and run blind.

We had great results at Wakarusa. We only had a few items for Thor to work on but it took all week to get Whirlpool out to work on the refrigerator.

We are loving the Venetian.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #109

Wow my 99 Accord had a smart wheel. Glad the RV world got into the 20th century! LOL,
Jnllodholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #110

How is the Venetian holding up for you folks? What about the front overhead bunk? I have two boys (5&9) and trying to find a dp with bunks and or overhead bed is tough (with bath and a half and suitable tv locations). The Venetian caught my eye due to the overhead bed. But, how difficult to get and out of th pack with it down? I.e. I wake up early usually and like to have coffee outside....wouldn't want to wake the boys up there and if I have to crawl out that wouldn't be good either
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #111

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
How is the Venetian holding up for you folks? What about the front overhead bunk? I have two boys (5&9) and trying to find a dp with bunks and or overhead bed is tough (with bath and a half and suitable tv locations). The Venetian caught my eye due to the overhead bed. But, how difficult to get and out of th pack with it down? I.e. I wake up early usually and like to have coffee outside....wouldn't want to wake the boys up there and if I have to crawl out that wouldn't be good either
After fixing the typical factory workmanship I am very happy with he Venetian A40. Although, I cannot comment on the overhead bed because Thor did not offer it at the time I purchased.

While driving North on I75 in Ohio we saw a huge black cloud to the West. It looked like we might out run the storm before it reached the interstate. Ahead we noticed a horizontal shaft of air with debris shooting across the highway. With cars all around I didn't see any option but to keep moving. When we hit, what I believe was a microburst, it felt like the coach might tip over. Somehow I was able to maintain direction but we heard a flapping sound like an awning was ripped loose. I took the first exit and expected to see the driver's side awning torn loose. Instead, it was still attached but wrinkled and the roller appeared bent.

I extended and retracted the slide and the awning looked normal. It is my belief the wind pulled the forward lock mechanism loose allowing the fabric to unfurl and flap. When I stopped the spring probably rolled the awning back in. Extending and retracting the slide locked the awning against the coach and I was able to proceed without issue.

I am very impressed with how well the A40 tracks down the road. When a semi passes I can hear it but that is about all - no steering corrections required (my toad was the Mini Cooper).
Old 07-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #112

To: gtsum2
We just completed a 4,100 mile trip of 6 weeks and we luv, luv, luv this coach especially the floorplan. We have the M37. We have the overhead bed but can't answer all your questions. We've crawled into the overhead bed to give it an initial cleaning and then I hopped up there once just to see how comfortable it might be. It seemed okay comfort-wise, and no problem getting into it. But, we haven't had anyone stay over in the bed. Since the bed lowers to just a few inches above the driver and passenger seat some stooping would be needed to exit the coach. I'm 5' 10" and still have good body mobility so I wouldn't find the exit to be a problem but would not want that to be the norm.
The theater seating directly across from the large screen TV is wonderful. No cranking of the head or body left or right to see the screen. The floor plan we picked works fantastic for us. We have the computer desk and fireplace below the TV rather than the couch that pulls out into a bed. We also chose Buffet Dinette seating rather than the bench seating. We have had guests in for evenings and the floor plan works great for us.
I agree with Mike that this coach is very easy to drive.

Tags
thor