Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
99 Thor Pennacle and Firestone air bags

Please need help asap, i just spent 900.00 for firestone air bags and air supply. Can anyone help it shows for a 1999 F53 motorhome front and rear. I have a 1999 Thor Pennacle with 19,000 mi and want to install them. The problems is where i bought them from sent me a video to install and several pop up came up to different selling company and two of them say not for the Pennicle. Has anyone or does anyone know if the 2070 - f and 2170 - r firestone air bags well work for me. Thank you for any advise, they well be here this week
FLHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #2

Just went to the Firestone Ride-Rite air spring web site and it would appear you have the correct springs for a 1999 Ford F53 chassis 2070 front & 2170 rear.

We have the same sir springs on our coach, however, took it to a spring shop here in Las Vegas and had them install the Firestone air springs as it didn't look like something I wanted to tackle myself.

Here's a link to the Firestone site: http://http://www.riderite.com/vehic...=F53&make=Ford

Good luck with your install & safe travels...

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is your a Thor motorhome? I just chatted with firestone tech and he says they don't make any airbags that well work with any thor motorhome. He couldn't tell me why they wouldn't work so when they show up well ck it out myself. Thanks for the reply. flht
FLHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHT View Post
Is your a Thor motorhome? I just chatted with firestone tech and he says they don't make any airbags that well work with any thor motorhome. He couldn't tell me why they wouldn't work so when they show up well ck it out myself. Thanks for the reply. flht
Earlier models of the Residency were mfg by Thor Industries West located on Zinfendel Court in Ontario CA. Later I believe in late 1999 Thor sold their plant to a group who changed the name to Mountain High Coach works and continued building the Pinnacle & Residency coaches.

In late 2000 they moved their plant to Rancho Cucamonga where they built a few 2001 coaches then closed the plant for good I think due to financial reasons.

If your Pinnacle is built on the Ford F53 Super Duty chassis like mine, the bags should work. I would however recommend having a spring shop install the bags.

Hope it all works out ok for you,

Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire, thor