Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2017, 08:19 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
ACE 2016 29.3 Question

Something weird happened. I have my RV parked at my house and getting ready for a trip next week. I went out and tried to open the slide and nothing happened. Yes, I had switched the thingy from store to use. Nothing. So...I started the RV and let it run for a few minutes and turned it off. The slide then worked.

What is going on? What am I missing? I didn't leave that switch on so the battery shouldn't have been effected. Any ideas out there? I know its going to be something simple...it always is.
russue125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 02:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russue125 View Post
Something weird happened. I have my RV parked at my house and getting ready for a trip next week. I went out and tried to open the slide and nothing happened. Yes, I had switched the thingy from store to use. Nothing. So...I started the RV and let it run for a few minutes and turned it off. The slide then worked.

What is going on? What am I missing? I didn't leave that switch on so the battery shouldn't have been effected. Any ideas out there? I know its going to be something simple...it always is.
Never had that particular issue but it sounds like low coach battery voltage.
Running the engine charged the batteries enough to operate the slide.

Turning the battery switch off does not turn off all 12 volt loads. Some options I have read about in these threads is to install a battery disconnect switch in the battery compartment, hook up a trickle charger to the batteries, or plug the coach in to a 120 volt source. I have 120 volts available where mine is stored so it stays plugged in all the time.

Tags
ace