Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

Ace 29.2 home macerator connection

I've been contemplating how to easily add a output from the existing macerator hose or system to an additional hose for home dumping. Ideally a shut off valve or different connector to mate a garden hose or something is what I've been thinking. Has anyone done this to their ace 29.2 and can share pictures, it would help. I just can't visualize the easy solution so hoping someone else has. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have not done this with our MH but used to have a similar set up with our TT. For the ACE, I would just go buy a hose, similar to whats on our MH now that goes from the MH to the 90 deg. dump valve/shut off. If you can't find some of that hose easily, just get a piece of pvc pipe that will slide onto the end of that 90 deg piece, then adapt that to a garden hose with a threaded coupling piece, then just run the garden hose to whereever you want it.

There is not that much pressure at the end of the 90 deg shut off piece, so you dont need secure it very tight. If you really want to make it slick, but a NO-HUB rubber fittings, that will allow you to adapt to just about anything. They make those NO-HUB fitting to reduce or increase in size.

Good Luck!
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
(Visions of Robin Williams in the movie "RV" are coming to mind...)
Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormleys View Post
(Visions of Robin Williams in the movie "RV" are coming to mind...)
That's what i'm hoping to avoid, i'm sure my neighbors would love that.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Heck, I'd make the drive to KC just to be part of the cheering section as well!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #6

ACE 29.2 Home Macerator Connection

I finally got around to getting the connection to be able to dump at home using a garden hose in a drain or toilet. I thought I'd share the part numbers and give a visual incase anyone else is wanting to do this.

Its pretty simple once you have the parts together and only about 6 bucks. I haven't glued mine permanent although you could easily do that but I just secure the connection with duct tape to not restrict it any for everyday dumping. When home I just slide it into the 90deg output at the macerator hose and tape it to secure into place, then attach a garden hose.

I got all the parts at Lowes but probably available at most Hardware Stores:

WATTS Garden Hose Adaptor LFA-663 3/4" MH x 1/2"MIP(Lowes part #416825) -$3.96
LASCO 439-101RMC SCH 40 Bushing Threaded 3/4 x 1/2(51275) -$0.89
3/4" SCH40 Adaptor 4350(23862) - $0.56

Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #7

Awesome. Thanks for the parts list and pictures.

Can you videotape your first use of it JUST INCASE it goes horribly wrong? We'd all get a kick out of it
Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfolland View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the parts list and pictures.

Can you videotape your first use of it JUST INCASE it goes horribly wrong? We'd all get a kick out of it
LOL, I don't think I would trust tape to hold back POO under pressure, I would glue that first!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #9

Haha it's pretty low pressure so no issue so far, but eventually I'll glue it up I'm sure if i get tired of the tape thing. It's no big deal with a little PVC primer and cement.