Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
ACE 29.2 Refrigerator Change Out

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll try here.

Has anyone changed out their 'fridge with a residential type in an ACE. I know many have done it in other models, but couldn't find any related to the ACE.

I'm considering the mod, and was looking for some insight on difficulty etc.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #2

No, would be interested in what you do. The space is pretty small.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #3

Have you got room for 6 deep cycle batteries in an ACE? The spec says you can have a second 12V battery. There is a thread around from someone else with (Ithink) a big C that came with 2 batteries and a residential refer and he cannot make it through the night on batteries.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #4

I agree, space is tight in the 29.2. Where would you fit it in? And how would you power it without running the generator 24/7? I have no problems with the fridge that came in the ACE, ours works great.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
That's why I posed the question. I certainly agree that space would indeed be a huge factor, and just getting it inside would be a major feat. I just wasn't sure if anyone had done it, and if they did or had, what did it take. It's not that I'm unhappy with my current setup, I was just considering some mods/updates and this was one I had thought about.

Basically, it's probably the reason why I couldn't find any posts to start with.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #6

As I recall at least one professional swap was done by removing and replacing the windshield. For a pro shop getting it in and out is not an insurmountable problem. Powering it is the killer.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3OHIO View Post
I agree, space is tight in the 29.2. Where would you fit it in? And how would you power it without running the generator 24/7? I have no problems with the fridge that came in the ACE, ours works great.
Mine works OK, I wish it was a Dometic though, they don't have cheap plastic door frames, a lot of lost usable space because of the hinges being prone to breakage. I think that the performance issues are with the big 4 door models because they try to cool twice the cubic feet with basically the same cooling system.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
We have absolutely no problems with our fridge and freezer on our 2013 29.2 ace. It works great.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:09 AM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
I had a flame sensing sensor go out last week. When you slide button to auto or gas when not plugged in it flames up but keeps sparking then after 30 shuts down and light blinks. I opened it up and checked. There is a flame.
Appointment scheduled for Oct. Oh well, got to use the gen. going down the road. It needed to run some anyway.

Tags
refrigerator