Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #1

ACE brake controller add

Has anyone added a trailer brake controller to your ACE? I think I want to add this for my new enclosed trailer, it has brakes unlike my other trailer I just sold. Where is the brake controller port? I haven't gotten under the dash to look yet, dreading trying to fit under there again to get to this.

thanks in advance.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #2

Put one of these on your trailer, I have one on y dolly, it works great.
EZ Brakes | American Car Dolly
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the Stealth in our Toad and have its brake controller installed. We actually keep it inside the steering housing as once you check it after towing setup, you don't need to see it. Yes, the wiring is available.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #4

I misread the OP, I thought he mentioned electric brakes on the trailer...
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #5

This is for a trailer with electric brakes. I ordered the under dash controller and connector harness, looks like a straight forward installation. 7 plug adaptor in the back, wired and ready to roll.

They had a brake controller in the coach when I bought it, it was just lying on the floor. They pulled a 23" trailer from the factory to the dealer with the RV, so it's all there. I wish they would have left the brake controller, but they unplugged it and kept it.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Should be plug and play. We had the dealer install new but I'm sure it's easy. Just don't install it on the steering shroud like the dealer did. I smack my knee into it every time I get in the drivers seat. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow under the dash.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:45 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
No picture but it's a four plug connector, black, red, white, blue wires it plugs into under the dash.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #8

I went with the Tekonsha Prodigy P3 controller and bought the conenction cable. Easy instalaltion, looking forward to using it.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #9
MEA

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also use the Tekonsha P3 for years on multiple vehicles and it works great!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:26 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Does it come with a 4 way or 7 way plug on rear? How would it be brake control ready if it comes with a 4 way? I only ask because I saw a pic of a new one the other day and it only had a 4 way flat on the back.
Knightab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #11

You can't do brakes with a straight 4 pin. Maybee they mean brake control ready means they have the extra wires to the back and you need to convert to a 7 pin round. Brake control ready may mean a lot of things. etrailer.com seems to have the bes selection I have found for just about anything you need when it comes to this stuff.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorchini View Post
You can't do brakes with a straight 4 pin. Maybee they mean brake control ready means they have the extra wires to the back and you need to convert to a 7 pin round. Brake control ready may mean a lot of things. etrailer.com seems to have the bes selection I have found for just about anything you need when it comes to this stuff.
Did you get your controller installed? was there a harness under the dash? I only ask cause I purchased an enclosed trailer my self with e brakes and I also dread going under the dash, Yuck!
Randog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #13

Actually never finished the project. I have all the parts, controller and the harness for the F53 that plugs in. will take me 20 minutes to do it, and hope to have it done when I pull it out of storage in a few weeks. Got really busy with work, so I put it away until the 24th.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorchini View Post
Actually never finished the project. I have all the parts, controller and the harness for the F53 that plugs in. will take me 20 minutes to do it, and hope to have it done when I pull it out of storage in a few weeks. Got really busy with work, so I put it away until the 24th.
Do you know where the 30amp fuse plugs in? I mean which fuse box..
Randog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake