RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #1

ACE-condensation

Will want to discuss this further. Furnace on our trip worked great as did a/c. Went from low 80's to low of 32 one night. Ran furnace 2 nights. After leaving within about 30 minutes we noticed the same drip that ShadowT reported on the passengers side console coming from the covered area on cieling before windshield. Anyone else? obviously we need to get some ventilation/moving air into that upper location. Later

ToledoCharli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoCharli View Post
Will want to discuss this further. Furnace on our trip worked great as did a/c. Went from low 80's to low of 32 one night. Ran furnace 2 nights. After leaving within about 30 minutes we noticed the same drip that ShadowT reported on the passengers side console coming from the covered area on cieling before windshield. Anyone else? obviously we need to get some ventilation/moving air into that upper location. Later
Yes. I had the same situation and the same result recently. I am getting it checked out today.

rstrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
After months of fighting the drips, it is gone! In cold climates moisture from people, showers, and cooking, dishwashing, ironing, all contribute to moisture buildup. It fogs windows and condenses and drips from seals above the front window...

I purchased a 6 qt dehumidifier, Frigidare, perfect dryness no drips. No need to vent your heat outside on cold days. My unit has an adjustable humidity by percent. It is a bit bigger than I wanted, will need to secure it while moving. I fear no more the damage of moisture buildup.
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #4

ACE condensation success

Working toward same procedure in combo with fan. Glad to hear no more drip.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Folks that's just WRONG! there is no way for moisture to vent from that area-Thor fouled up good-again on the ACE. We plan on keeping ours only because our dealer (Guarantee) is a great place and is helping us get repair, redress for the over 110 defects in our NEW 2012 Evo 29.1 From screws thru the tile, to a sprung bed(Made that way? thrmostat broke when Bathroom door hit it etc etc etc.

Great Idea, Great layout and a kick in the butt to drive but--mehh
little gramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #6

condensation/gramp

WoW!. 110 item list. I suspect mine would be approx 20. Our bath door swings opposite the thermostat and we have brick pattern VCT(linoleum) and no visible screws. I believe you got the lemon of the group of us that have reported previously. Thank goodness you have a good service center covering everthing under warranty I presume? I would be contacting THOR personally with that number of issues. And THOR recently patted themselves on the back with thier stellar quality control program. Keep us posted on progress.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
leaks and leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoCharli View Post
WoW!. 110 item list. I suspect mine would be approx 20. Our bath door swings opposite the thermostat and we have brick pattern VCT(linoleum) and no visible screws. I believe you got the lemon of the group of us that have reported previously. Thank goodness you have a good service center covering everthing under warranty I presume? I would be contacting THOR personally with that number of issues. And THOR recently patted themselves on the back with thier stellar quality control program. Keep us posted on progress.
I think you may be right. Today I went out -turned on the furnace --and again! the warning light went red on the propane detector. This after having the sensors replaced, dealer inspection on lines and propane leak test.

Also air gap in door frame by lock.

I'm at wits end here, I believe I will be on the horn to Thor tomorrow, I

believe they need to send a factory rep out to see these things -just too darned many screw-ups on most I've heard of. New model be dammed-.
little gramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
I've had the propane alarm go on about once a month but it is not RED it is YELLOW (indicating an internal fault). I have to pull the fuse and re-seat it and the beeping goes away and the light goes GREEN. It first went off crossing the mountains. I was not using propane heating at the time. In the rear right of the ACE is the propane heater. There is no adjustment on the forced air heater like the hot water heater. I do not smell any of that LP smell. I do not think it is a problem....but.you folks are making me think more about it.

ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote