RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #1

Ace Fender Skirt Replacement

Anyone know where to obtain one?

Thor does not, or will not, respond to messages left on the Thor support ph. # (877-855-2867) - same with their on-line "chat" support.

Purchasing dealer referred me to outside retailers who do not carry/manuf. the particular item.

Thanks in advance!

millwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2019, 07:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
These guys will make a skirt for the hard to find item.

https://www.icondirect.com/the-origi...irt-creator-1/

Old 05-19-2019, 10:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarwiebe View Post
These guys will make a skirt for the hard to find item.

https://www.icondirect.com/the-origi...irt-creator-1/
Thank you Sir! Will give them a call.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #4

Thor came thru today on a e-mail response to my Fender Skirt replacement question (for 2014 ACE 27.1) Thank you Thor support! Response below...

"The color on your unit is no longer available. This is a substitute part 0291722.
This can be ordered from a Thor Motor Coach dealer."

My follow-up question sent today: Can material be painted?
(FYI, the varied color scheme on my 2014 is referred to "Happy Penny" - the skirt is a hi-gloss 'tanish' finish/color.) Will advise if more from Thor.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwind View Post
My follow-up question sent today: Can material be painted?
Received following answer from Thor Support:

"Yes, with automotive paint."

Meantime, jumped the gun and ordered following skirt from icondirect.com that comes painted in "champagne" which I hope is close enough.

I also hope it fits: the width measurement is 40 " for a four winds MH. This is 1/2" to 1" too wide but all other dimensions match - so am further hoping the flexible material will flex 'in' enough to fit the frame cut-out on the ACE w/o distorting.

Part is specifically for a Four Winds Single Axle Fender Skirt (PN#FS2123).
The comments of other buyers say it also fits a Hurricane so my 4th hope is that THOR used same skirt on ACE too. We'll see.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #6

FYI, iconDirect.com informs me the fender skirt I ordered (see prior post) has a textured finish (my Ace fenders have hi gloss finish).
Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Anyone know where to obtain one?

Thor does not, or will not, respond to messages left on the Thor support ph. # (877-855-2867) - same with their on-line "chat" support.

Purchasing dealer referred me to outside retailers who do not carry/manuf. the particular item.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the world of thor.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #8

Quote:
FYI, iconDirect.com informs me the fender skirt I ordered (see prior post) has a textured finish (my Ace fenders have hi gloss finish).
It arrived and fits the radius perfectly but the 'Height' measurement is too long (25 1/2") so it extends below the wheel well frame about 3/8" on each vertical leg. It is just slightly off in color while the texture finish is practically non-noticeable.

So, tired of messing with it, and the remaining choice being to order the Thor part (which is the wrong color), I just rotated the icon.Direct part so the excess gap is all to the aft of the wheel well & then trimmed it off square. Kinda hokey and kinda hate it, but not worth another $185 (includes $50 shipping to CW for the Thor unit) not to mention a RT of over 200 mi to get it. It'll do for now.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement