Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #1

ACE winterization syphon hose missing?

Getting ready to winterize unit. I see the fitting before the water pump to suck rv antifreeze in. Except there is no hose! Just a valve and a plug T'd inline. Are those standard fittings that a home depot would have to make a hose?
Tv Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #2

Went to local hardware store with plug. Picked up a fitting and a piece of hose. Ready to procede...
Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #3

Waterpump syphon

TV- I'm confused, I thought that the antifreeze would have to be added to main holding tank and circulated to various faucett/shower/commode fixtures as opposed to direct into pump??? Living in south Texas not as critical as your part of the country.
ToledoCharli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Depending on the tank.. If you can drain the main tank completly then that is an option, I can't drain mine completly (Well I can but not easily)

Plus it is easier to suck it out of a gallon jug than to pour it down the gravity fill on many RV's. Many Many Rv's.

That said.... I use the "DRY" method.. I figure that once I"ve blown nearly all the water out, leving only a few drops here and there, If the air in the lines freezes.. I won't worry about it,, I'll be dead (Can not brethe frozen air after all)
Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #5

I was able to suck out of the gallon jugs after buying a 1/2 inch hose and a fitting. There is an inlet for this, it just didn't come from the factory/ dealor with the hose to draw from the jugs.

Of course the dealer offers winterization...
but for under $20 in parts and antifreeze I got it done myself