RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #1

Anyone have a Miramar?

I don't see many if any posts on Miramars.

I tailgate next to a guy who just bought one. Boy it is nice!
It has the outside kitchen, split recliners, larger wheels, larger generator, split a/c...just to name a few things.

I did some research and these only retail for around $10K more than the bigger ACE's. But for $10K one gets a whole lot more than offered on the ACE.

MY ACE serves me perfectly well and at 31' is a breeze to operate. I must also mention that I have been one of the lucky ones in which it has had no major problems and drove perfectly from the start. No genny issues either.

But for anyone looking at a Thor, I would check out a Miramar before making a purchase. I wish I would have.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Do a search using "Mirimar". About four pages of posts from owners with all the typical Thor 'Quality' problems and Shwintek slide problems and more. Seems status quo from the manufacturer.

alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #3

Alpha99...why the negative Thor posts all the time when you don't own one? I see you have a Winnebago that you are very happy with. That's great. I'm happy for you and hope you never have a problem with your unit. I would think you would want the same for everyone else. When fellow RV'rs post problems, I try to help them where I can instead of just piling on.

By the way, for the original thread, I have a 2014 Miramar and am very pleased with the coach. The only complaint is that I get the time to use it more often. Regards…
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #4

I've come to the conclusion that alpha99 is a closet Thor fan.
He has many, many posts in the Thor forum, but hardly any in the Winnebago section.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #5

I was thinking the same exact thing!!!

Old 12-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Had a 2014 Miramar for a year. Loved it. No major problems. Only had to have a mobile tech fix some minor plumbing issues. I was looking to buy an Ace when I stumbled onto Miramar and never looked back. You're right, a lot more for just a little more dough. Thor customer service in Elkhart is great too. Hope you get one!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Anyone have a Miramar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
I've come to the conclusion that alpha99 is a closet Thor fan.
He has many, many posts in the Thor forum, but hardly any in the Winnebago section.

Actually, hardly a fan, my friend. I looked at Thor, was initially attracted to the design - until I looked a little closer and did some research. I soon found an abominable lack of quality control and sloppy workmanship with the Thor line.

I almost made a huge mistake in considering Thor as a purchase. Fortunately, I learned a lot by researching and talking to others and found an awesome slightly used Winnebago, and saved a ton buying pre-owned.

The only reason I occasionally post on the Thor site is to warn others to become more knowledgeable about what they're buying, and not make a mistake in their purchase. You can buy a slightly used DP from a quality manufacturer as I did for the same price as a new Thor.

I really for sad for those unfortunate owners that have had huge problems, often retirees with brand new units making payments whilst their motorhome sits on repair lots for months. Not a pleasant way to enjoy the "golden years". I hate to see that happen to anyone. See many threads where this is the case.

The reason I seldom post on the Winnebago site is that I have virtually no problems or concerns, the coach has been magnificent and trouble free. Really quality workmanship, love it.

Buyer Beware, do your own DD. Good Luck and

Cheers!

😏😏😏😏😏😏👍
Old 12-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Actually, hardly a fan, my friend. I looked at Thor, was initially attracted to the design - until I looked a little closer and did some research. I soon found an abominable lack of quality control and sloppy workmanship with the Thor line.

I almost made a huge mistake in considering Thor as a purchase. Fortunately, I learned a lot by researching and talking to others and found an awesome slightly used Winnebago, and saved a ton buying pre-owned.

The only reason I occasionally post on the Thor site is to warn others to become more knowledgeable about what they're buying, and not make a mistake in their purchase. You can buy a slightly used DP from a quality manufacturer as I did for the same price as a new Thor.

I really for sad for those unfortunate owners that have had huge problems, often retirees with brand new units making payments whilst their motorhome sits on repair lots for months. Not a pleasant way to enjoy the "golden years". I hate to see that happen to anyone. See many threads where this is the case.

The reason I seldom post on the Winnebago site is that I have virtually no problems or concerns, the coach has been magnificent and trouble free. Really quality workmanship, love it.

Buyer Beware, do your own DD. Good Luck and

Cheers!

😏😏😏😏😏😏👍
Advising others to do their homework and caution on the many perils of RV ownership is quite different than what you do, which is to pile on to negative posts. You take every opportunity to bash Thor, when you don't own one, and then remind everyone of your excellent decision to buy a used unit. Great for you. However, not everyone can be as fortunate as you. Just sayin'
Old 12-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcamper View Post
Advising others to do their homework and caution on the many perils of RV ownership is quite different than what you do, which is to pile on to negative posts. You take every opportunity to bash Thor, when you don't own one, and then remind everyone of your excellent decision to buy a used unit. Great for you. However, not everyone can be as fortunate as you. Just sayin'

Trying to keep others from making a huge mistake. Truly feel sorry for them.

All is just IMO.

Good Luck.

merry Christmas!, be HAPPY friend, that's what this is supposed to be about, not misery.

Cheers!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Streamcamper and EricGT: I have noticed the same negativity all the time from A99. I lovemy ACE, but would trade it in a minute for the Marimar. Just want to thank you both for the post about what I noticed many many times in the past. Some people think their stuff is better than others Winny has issues too. You know that and I'm not telling you anything, but I don't run over there doggin them out. Peace out. Merry Xmas Thor owners.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Merry Christmas to All!

Hope everyone is HAPPY!

That's all I want for Christmas!

Cheers, friends!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #12

We were ready to finally pull the trigger on a Miramar 34.2 but now we are wondering if we are making a mistake? We love the layout and we're first timers with an RV and have been looking for over 2 years until we saved enough money. Oh man what to do now...
Moonless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
http://thor-industries.pissedconsumer.com
Old 12-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonless View Post
We were ready to finally pull the trigger on a Miramar 34.2 but now we are wondering if we are making a mistake? We love the layout and we're first timers with an RV and have been looking for over 2 years until we saved enough money. Oh man what to do now...
If it fits in your budget, do it. Every RV will have problems. Is a Thor a Rolls-Royce? No, it's more like a Hyundai - A great value for your money (I've owned 3 trouble-free Hyundais). You're not walking on travertine tile, but you're getting a lot of RV for your money. And remember, there are a lot more COMPLAINERS on the internet than there are "Raving Fans".