Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #29

Just got ours back from a two-week stay in the CW service department. Several issues were repaired. Some noted, with parts ordered, during the PDI and the other minor issues noted during our maiden voyage.

These included repairing: leaks under the kitchen sink and shower (loose fittings); side driver/passenger curtains (off tracks/missing parts); replaced torn liner above loft area (PDI); replaced crooked entry steps (PDI); two kitchen drawers misaligned and off rollers (PDI); align engine hood hinges; ordered missing bedroom window screen; replaced torn entry door screen (PDI); realigned exterior storage compartment doors; secured loose headlight LED light strips. None of these issues were show-stoppers, but reflected poor attention to detail during the delivery (to CW) acceptance inspection.

They referred us to Ford to have a windshield wiper issue repaired. (at 60mph in rain, wipers would inadvertently half-cycle and not return to down position ). Almost seemed to me that they didn't have enough power to overcome wind resistance.

We also had a rear rock guard skirt installed.

We've been unable to figure out how to use the DVD system which we can't get to work on any of the TVs. Any tips?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
We had many of the same problems you did.... Poor attention to detail for sure....

On the wipers, I always use Rain-X windshield cleaner on the windshield so I rarely ever need to use the wipers in any type of rain.

On the DVD system, (I'm going off memory here), there should be a set of yellow, red, white RCA cables already up there loose in the BOMB compartment. I believe this feeds into the BOMB and you need to press the correct BOMB button to feed it to the different TVs. On ours, there was an HDMI cable up there too that feeds directly to the living room TV, if you want HD picture there, hook that up to DVD player as well. We have our HDMI cable going to our satellite receiver instead.

In the future I plan to fish another HDMI cable to the outdoor TV so we can have hi-def out there as well. No need for HD on bedroom TV since it's so small.

Let me know if that works or not and I'll check my compartment when I go visit my coach later on.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:21 AM   #31

Thanks! I'll check out the BOMB & wiring this afternoon.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:27 AM   #32

Thor Owners Club
We just got our unit back from the dealer where they fixed a bunch of the problems we were having. The DVD and entertainment setup is a joke. Sitting in the highest cabinet made it impossible to operate unless a stool is available. I asked the service manager to relocate the whole unit if possible so as to make access easier. They rerouted the cables into the cainet/shelving unit just below . they also rewired the control box and now my DVD player works, also. Incidently, the service manager agreed this was a terrible setup and so there was no charge for the labor involved. A great place to do business.
atule1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by atule1969 View Post
We just got our unit back from the dealer where they fixed a bunch of the problems we were having. The DVD and entertainment setup is a joke. Sitting in the highest cabinet made it impossible to operate unless a stool is available. I asked the service manager to relocate the whole unit if possible so as to make access easier. They rerouted the cables into the cainet/shelving unit just below . they also rewired the control box and now my DVD player works, also. Incidently, the service manager agreed this was a terrible setup and so there was no charge for the labor involved. A great place to do business.

Love to hear stories about GOOD dealers. Which dealership was it?

Agree on the location of AV. I am 6' so it's not bad for me, but stool is definitely required if re-working any wires.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #34

We still haven't been able to get the DVD to work on any TV. We load the DVD, select the applicable TV, push the DVD button, then play and we get nothing. Wiring appears to be correctly connected. Any other tips?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am wondering how loud the Mirimar is going up hills and just cruising? How is the noise level? Any need for sound dampening in the cab area?
aarong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
We still haven't been able to get the DVD to work on any TV. We load the DVD, select the applicable TV, push the DVD button, then play and we get nothing. Wiring appears to be correctly connected. Any other tips?

Make sure your tv is on the appropriate channel, either 3 or 4 depending on the button selected on the BOMB. If that doesn't work, Then try selecting different devices on the BOMB, perhaps the RCA cables are connected to the wrong input on BOMB.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarong View Post
I am wondering how loud the Mirimar is going up hills and just cruising? How is the noise level? Any need for sound dampening in the cab area?

I won't lie, it's very loud. The dang transmission always wants to jump from 5th straight to 3rd and it roars. Now, on hills I kick cruise off and manually maintain throttle position to stay in 4th or 5th. From what I've read, Five Star Tune will cure this. If you have free time, sound dampening would certainly help. It's tough for us to even hear the radio at cruise speed on flat ground.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I wonder if Thor would be willing to install sound dampening at the factory if you order a custom coach. Seems easier than trying to put it in later.
aarong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #39

It is loud in any RV on an F53 chassis. Not sure if sound proofing would do anything to help. That is one of the benefits of a DP with the engine in the rear... makes for a much quieter ride up front. I tried cruise control, but didn't like it because of the downshifting, and the corresponding noise level. Instead of trying insulation, just crank the radio up to 11.
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #40

What's the story with the new windows on the 2015 Mirimar? They look nice from the pictures, anyone have any detail on them?
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Nashville Dealer, Cullum and Maxey. They really are customer focused
atule1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #42

New Miramar 34.2 owner

Hi
I too am a new member and have recently purchased a Miramar. After reading some of the posts I don't feel so bad about the problems I have had! But on the other hand I have learned a lot! My issues are the Levelers don't work from the wireless unit, Drivers side AC outlet is dead, the Electric step broke after two weeks, and windshield wipers only work if you remove the passenger wiper. I have it back at the dealer to see if they can fix it.
Aside from those issues, it is a very comfortable motorhome. Our first trip we put on about 4000 miles. I love the storage and the outside kitchen. Once we get the bugs worked out I will be very satisfied with our choice of purchase.
Mike
mikekersten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, thor