RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #15

The same thing happens to us. All of the LG controllers are the same for the 3 inside TV's. The good news is you only need one out to control the two in the living area. The bad news is when you turn one on (depending how you are pointing it) the other may come on.
When I turn the main TV on I use the on button at the bottom center of the TV and not the controller.
My dealer in Ohio (General) has been good so far as the tech's I've talked to at Thor. Minor issues so far, so maybe they have yet to be tested.
Wish you success in resolving your issues.

Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
Friend of mine took delivery of a 2018 Aria 3601 last Thursday. Hit two rain storms and his storage bays leaked also. Could you post a solution or where the leaks were mostly found?

Otherwise just two cabinet door had to be adjusted, no other problems found during delivery.

Thanks

Don
There were three areas I found. The first was an access panel for the propane valve inside the front center bay. It's approx. 12" wide by 8" high. When installed at the factory it had a gap between the cover and the front wall so in a rain storm the water spray from under the coach was able to get in. The second area was the door seals which Thor replaced. The third area was where the floor of the bay sits on top of the angle iron that forms the bay floors. I took an air hose and directed the air under the coach to the area where the floor board meets the iron it sits on. I then had my wife hold her hand directly above me in the bay where I was directing the air. We found numerous leaks. Camping World used spray foam to try and seal the unsealed areas but did not seal every seam. Wanting a very tight seal, after I got the coach back I trimmed the spray foam flush with the under side of the coach and then bought the most flexible caulk I could find and sealed every seam. I then spyayed several coats of under coating over all the seams to create a solid barrier to prevent any water intrusion. I wanted to seal the bays from under the coach verses caulking the seams inside the bays because if I just caulked inside the bay water could still seep into the seams and eventually penetrate the ends of the bay flooring that would eventually cause rot. Haven't been in a rain storm since completing the work but I'm hopefull this will work.

Dan

Dan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #17

As the owners of a new 3401 I have to say straight from the factory it is a disaster....pages of lists (we may be on the persnickety side) but to us the $200K + was a huge investment and we expected more. Still working on ongoing issues.......

Yesterdays big disappointment was the pass thru storage compartment was soaking wet after driving thru a storm after getting the coach weighed in St. Cloud. (We've already had the gaskets replaced).

The factory should be embarrassed by the product they put out. Embarrassed. I would like to spend a few hours with the Thor employee who said this unit is good to be delivered.

We do really love the features of the the Aria and are only on our second coach so we may not know much...but dang! How many new coach owners just take possession of their units and don't expect things to be right???
Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #18

Just got back from a 2500 mile trip, and was glad to see the posts about the fireplace and water heater. I called tech support and he said it was wired wrong. I too thought about putting in a terminal strip and plugging everything into it. The washer and cooktop problem was solved by reading these posts after checking no water and drain hose plugged error codes. I did find the dryer and washer breakers are switched. Thanks for this forum and owners helping me to understand how this 3601 works.

My biggest problem is a banging noise in the slide walls just below the slide rails. Every time I hit a bump or the body twists it bangs. Tech support did not know and said take it to a dealer. Ya right. Any ideals?
Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #19

No noises except for front sun shade which bangs on frame. Put some soft rubber bumpers on frame to dampen noise. Also left my hearing aids at home.....ha.
Our bed slide goes in and out in jogs. One side will catch up with the other and will end up all the way in or out. I have gone through the "sync" procedure but it still works that way.
Any other experience?
So far first road trip okay. Unit drives sweet compared with hauling a 5th wheel.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #20

We have a lot at Holiday Cove in Cortez. Where are you ?
Old 07-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #21

Wisconsin. It seems like any movement, raising or lowering of jacks, flexing of walls brings on the noise. Every slide wall on passenger side and slide behind driver.
Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:06 AM   #22

Hello everyone - I am Don Voyage's friend whom he referred to in prior posts.
My Aria 3601 is our first Class A and being new to the forum ( just joined now) I hope this reply comes thru correctly.
The leaks I fixed with silicone as they apparently were from the seams in between the storage bay walls on the left side of the coach from the wet bay to the propane bay. The factory black silicone didn't hold and I needed to reseal. Haven't had water in the bays since.
I also have a noise on the passenger side. It occurs when driving and is a creak like sound. The dealer and I both agree it sounds like the front window/valance area of the slide is very tight. The noise has diminished with usage. I must say that it's less than half as loud and much less frequent than what is was at time of delivery. We have only put 500 miles on the coach since delivery and we are on our second trip right now. Generally my wife and I are extremely happy with the coach and the few minor issues we have are not too bothersome ( I need to fix a couple of kitchen drawers/ the top pantry drawer etc.).
There are a few things I am disappointed with as it relates to the dealer and Thor delivering the coach to us without fixing and verifying but I must say that we love this coach and overall the quality and workmanship is fantastic.
Looking forward to meeting fellow Thor owners and swapping stories of "how to fix it" LOL! We have joined the Thor Diesel Club and while I am still working can only do so many trips we are looking forward to the RV lifestyle and the great folks who participate in enjoying this freewheeling fun.
All the best, Joe Mac
Joe Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:40 AM   #23

Hi Joe Mac
Glad you are liking your Aria 3601. If you're not having a lot of issues you must of got one built when all the employees showed up for work. So far since we took delivery on March 28th we have taken ours back for 42 items that needed fixed or replaced. It's now at the dealer for the second time for leaking storage bays. I'm sure if I was 20 years younger I could probably crawl around under the coach and fix a lot of these issues but I feel that since I paid the amount of money we did why should I have to do that. Thor put out an inferior product and they are the ones that need to fix it. The leaking bays are just one of the major issues. The rubber seal under the kitchen slide out had to be replaced because when the slide out was put in and out it would tear the rubber. Cabinet doors were warped and would not close. Had to put rubber bumpers in the back of all the shades because they would hit the window frames and rattle and the noise was nerve racking. The bedroom tv was never hooked up and now the picture is so bad you can't watch it. The wiring must have a staple thru it or it's got a bare spot and it's touching metal. Told the dealer they had to rewire it because it's not watchable the was it is. Piano hinge on bathroom door missing 8 screws and the whole door frame was loose because it wasn't secured or stapled correctly. This is just a few of the many issues we've had. Hope your list doesn't get this bad. Thor should be compensating owners for the time we are without our coaches. Ours has been in the shop mouthed we've had it. Who wants to own a coach you can't use
dpavlosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #24

Well - all we can say is that we are very sorry to hear of all the problems folks are having with their coach.
We are very lucky, while there are some issues, they are not (so far) de-habilitating, as it relates to the usage of the coach and the enjoyment of RVing in a Class A.
We have nothing but praise for the quality and the workmanship of the coach and its vehicle dynamics. This thing drives incredibly well for what it is and the handling is superb.
The interior is high end and the spaciousness is that of a much more expensive coach. We have a checklist of things to be fixed and will bring our Aria 3601 back to the dealer for some repairs - but all in all I honestly cannot complain.
I hope that everyone's issues are resolved and that you enjoy your coach for many years.
All the best and safe travels,
Joe Mac
Joe Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #25

We owned a Grand Design reflection 5th wheel prior to the Aria. We have only minor issues with the fifth wheel, yet on the owners website we always saw horror stories.
A friend of ours pleaded for us to buy a Newmar, but we did not like any layouts, nor could we afford the price tag with similar features to the Aria.
Other friends have a Thor Venetian and love it, but still with minor issues. I think it is the nature of the beast. We just came back from a short trip (500 miles). No issues, drives sweet, no noises, no leakage.
To date we have some cosmetic issues that need fixed. I am on the fence to buy an extended warranty.