Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #197

Thor Owners Club
Rattles Thoughts

As regards rattles, my 2014 Axis had several outside lower trim panels come partly loose and were flapping in the breeze when the coach was in motion (ah the QC). Recommend checking these trim pieces as possible source.
zackst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #198

Thor Owners Club
lit3hous, My rattle was the panel rubbing against the couch (not sure what you call it) the arm of the couch . I think the Thor rep. called it a console. I insisted that he go for a ride with me, so he could hear it for himself, (when I had it in before they said they didn't hear it) He pressed the panel in with his hand and the rattle stopped.
Just wondering if anyone else had to have their back bumper replaced. Mine has rust bubbles underneath the paint. And the one they put on is rough and pitted, I'm going to put a good coat of wax on it. Any suggestions.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #199

Rusty Bumper

Interesting that you had rust on your rear bumper too! Same with ours and I had to have it sanded, primed and repainted to the tune of $250.00. I thought our rust was from road salt, but now I think it's defective prep and paint from Thor? Anyone else with this problem?
Axis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #200

ready

I check around the couch and all is tight. I packed the table with rugs, but I still had the noise. I'm going to try removing the tables and be the passenger on a test ride.
lit3hous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #201

Thor Owners Club
Check with Thor Rep. they approved it (did not want too) but it was so obvious, the paint was bubbling up from under the paint. The bumper they put on, I was not impressed with. It looks pitted and tough to the touch. I'm going to give it a good wax job and hope that will protect it some.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:54 AM   #202

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lit3hous View Post
I check around the couch and all is tight. I packed the table with rugs, but I still had the noise. I'm going to try removing the tables and be the passenger on a test ride.
I'm still waiting to get mine back from the dealership, I sure hope they fix it. The rep. was sure it was the couch rubbing against the wall panel. We shall see. It seems that one visit to them is never enough.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #203

I travelled to our storage lot to check on our Axis. Poured a little RV antifreeze in the shower drain and created a little creek across the bathroom floor. It seems the dealer when they did a warranty repair on my shower did not check it very well. It looks to me like they over torqued the shower drain and there is a hairline crack in the shower pan. Now I have to take it back one more time. So far it been a series on time in the shop to complete the warranty repair and then another trip back to repair the repair. At $130 an hour shop time they will not get any business from me when it is on my dime. I am actually glad it is out of warranty as I don't want to have to do this dance ever again. In every case the standard of workmanship was abysmal. My work is to now get as knowledgeable as possible so I can do as much as possible myself. It cannot be any worse than these "professionals">
belfast1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #204

Hi guys, this is my first thread on the forum. I purchased an Axis last June, I had a few issues; shower drain broken, loose tire valves;a few scratches here and there, but nothing really major. However, I have a question regarding the rubber gaskets that are screwed on the wall behind the slide-out. Mine are broken at the 2 places where there are the tracks. I was wondering if any of the Axis owners have the same problems (if it is a problem), or is it normal?
Thanks
claude28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:41 AM   #205

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfast1949 View Post
I asked the service manager at the dealership about changing the oil before we put it away for the winter. He advised to wait and dump the oil in the spring. That way you expel any built up moisture in the oil and start the season fresh. It made sense to me so followed his suggestion.

Do some more research on this using google or search here on the forums. You will find that the consensus by far is to change the oil BEFORE storage to remove all moisture that can damage the engine while stored. The moisture is mostly caused by the hot engine after it cools down. You should have negligible additional moisture during the winter while it is stored.

Change the oil before storing.

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #206

Hi ALPHA99, I always chaged my oïl before storing my vehicles for the winter. I had a Mazda Miata for years and now I have a Porsche and it was always recommended to do that. The impureties in the oïl become corrosive for the engine and can cause early dammage after a while. So like you said, better store for winter with new oïl in the engine.
claude28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:00 AM   #207

The service manager at the dealership advised me to leave the old oil in during the winter and drop it in the spring and start the season with fresh oil. That way I am eliminating the moisture build up and starting the driving season wiith fresh oil void of the moisture. It seemed valid to me as he could have told me to drop it in the fall and again in the spring and get an additional oil change out of me.
belfast1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis1 View Post
Interesting that you had rust on your rear bumper too! Same with ours and I had to have it sanded, primed and repainted to the tune of $250.00. I thought our rust was from road salt, but now I think it's defective prep and paint from Thor? Anyone else with this problem?
Mine had a rust spot from day 1 right under ladder. It is getting fixed now under warranty.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #209

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ditto on the bumper/peel/blister. THOR warranted a CW repair, still failed after 3 months. 2013 THOR A.C.E.
plotlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #210

radio

I don't know about '14 and '15 models, but I'm interested in the '16's. The 2 radios, front and back, come with remote controls. When I get mine in October, they weren't in it. The dealer, CW, said they would send them . Two weeks later, I called, they said they don't come with the motorhomes, because they interfere with the TV's. The radio mfg never heard of this. Thor doesn't know about it and I could buy remotes.
Has anyone else had this problem? Do all the radios come with remotes.
Thanks
lit3hous is offline   Reply With Quote