Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Axis/Vegas "Owner's" Manual (Created by an Owner)

I purchased a 2015 Vegas 24.1 in Aug. I was really disappointed in the Thor manual because it was too generic and contained information not relevant to the Vegas (or Axis). In addition, I found a lot of great suggestions and tips on this forum as well as the Thor Forum.

I compiled an owners' developed manual more specific to Vegas/Axis. It is in Microsoft Word format. It contains lots of pictures, suggestions from other owners, and information not provided by Thor in their manual. Additionally, I compiled checklists for setting up, tearing down, storing, winterizing, equipping, and an in depth PDI checklist containing many areas to check as a result of QC issues documented by owners on this and the Thor Forum.

I have made this manual with checklists available to folks on the Thor Forum and have emailed about 100 copies. If anyone on the IRV2 forum would like a copy send me an email at bevedfelker@live.com and I'll forward you a copy.
Efelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #2

We got a copy of this manual recently and it is FABULOUS. I wishould I had this before I had the walkthrough when we bought it. We have learned some of these things this year, THE HARD WAY.
HF Pumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:23 AM   #3

Yes, I was disappointed in the Thor generic manual as well. It seems like a stupid corner to cut unless they like to keep their support people busy. Thank goodness we have the Internet and forums like this one. I'm sure most people research the rigs they are contemplating before purchase and certainly do so after buying when questions come up. I'll request a copy of Efelker's manual to see if there is anything I may have missed. Thanks for doing that!
Axis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Have just sent for copy of Efelker's manual. I too was very disappointed with the lack of a specific manual for the 24.1. I await my emailed manual eagerly.

A proposal - each recipient of the manual may want to add information in specific areas to the manual. If any of us 24.1 owners have additional information, we could post an email address to obtain the additional material, and thus build material of an even more comprehensive nature.
For instance, I have made a number of small mods to the Axis, some of which might be of interest (no doubt we've all done some of this).

Thanks to Efelker for the initiative and effort.
zackst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have moved Ed's (EFelker's) post to it's own thread to improve exposure.
It was originally buried within a longer thread.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #6

Good Lord, I thought I was going crazy when I could no longer find these posts on the old thread. Please post that you did that on the long thread.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #7

This is a most excellent owners manual addition and a must download for every new Axis/Vegas owner, especially if they have the 24.1 Thor should hire this guy!!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 05:45 AM   #8

Using Email to get the Manual

Thanks to all for the nice words. I tried to post the manual on the "Files" section of the forum; however, its 7Meg length prevented that. I could break it up into sections and post each; however, that would require 7 separate files. In addition I used MS Word's capability to do cross references, table of contents, and list of figures and having separate files disables the cross references. Without the references confusion would be created. As such, the best way to get the manual will be to send me an email as indicated in the first post of the thread,
Efelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe...sign-up for one of those free file sharing websites.
If the document could be downloaded, more folks could access it without bothering Ed.

I know my lamo ISP caps e-mail attachments at 2mb.

Just an idea.
Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Efelker, I'd love a copy of your manual. Thanks -

CJ20148@gmail.com
CJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:37 AM   #11

Axis/Vegas "Owner's" Manual (Created by an Owner)

Thanks
dcdavisnc is offline   Reply With Quote