Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #43

My 2014 GT is scheduled to be in the paint shop today, hopefully we will see it pull in to SOCAL. just after labor day (Damn)
lvmatador is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
What was the issue with your paint? I had to have mine re-cleared after I got it.
camaromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #45

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
camaromance
Why did you have your coach recleared? My coach is at the Thor service center, been there since the 22d of July for warranty work and getting our sofa replaced. The supplier has to build the sofa so we elecetd to leave the coach there and pick it up when ready. All other repairs are suppose to be complete. They are keeping it in the shop plugged in so my food doesn't go bad. I ran into a fellow at Total Value RV in Elkhart that has a paint shop and he will reclear my coach so it looks high end for 3k. Seriously thinking of getting it done when I go pick the coach up. He will wet sand and apply two more coats of autmotive clear and bake it on.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
camaromance
Why did you have your coach recleared? My coach is at the Thor service center, been there since the 22d of July for warranty work and getting our sofa replaced. The supplier has to build the sofa so we elecetd to leave the coach there and pick it up when ready. All other repairs are suppose to be complete. They are keeping it in the shop plugged in so my food doesn't go bad. I ran into a fellow at Total Value RV in Elkhart that has a paint shop and he will reclear my coach so it looks high end for 3k. Seriously thinking of getting it done when I go pick the coach up. He will wet sand and apply two more coats of autmotive clear and bake it on.
Somehow, a strip of tape was left along the roofline for the entire length of the coach when it was cleared at the factory. We used it all last summer and Leo's RV, where I bought it, had it over the winter. Along with other things that had to get fixed, it went into the paint shop and was re-cleared. They did an awesome job and it looks ten times better.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromance View Post
Somehow, a strip of tape was left along the roofline for the entire length of the coach when it was cleared at the factory. We used it all last summer and Leo's RV, where I bought it, had it over the winter. Along with other things that had to get fixed, it went into the paint shop and was re-cleared. They did an awesome job and it looks ten times better.
Glad to hear the positive feedback on Leo's RV; that's where I just bought my 2013 Challenger DT. Experience with them has been fine so far.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 1000 View Post

Glad to hear the positive feedback on Leo's RV; that's where I just bought my 2013 Challenger DT. Experience with them has been fine so far.
Yeah, over all, Leo's has been really good. This is my second MH I purchased there. Their shop gets really busy and sometimes it takes awhile to get in for service but I've always got it back when I need it.