Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #1

Considering upgrading to a 2016 Miramar 33.5 or 34.2

I currently have a 2014 Outback TT which is serving us well. In addition to "full service" camping, we do a lot of dry camping at NASCAR. I like using the outdoor kitchen when we are at a track and I think only Thor has that in a MH. I've been doing a lot of reading everywhere I can, including IRV2 and the problems I read about quite frankly scare me. I would appreciate any opinions either positive or negative about upgrading to a Thor product. If I pass on the outside kitchen there are a lot of MHs that would fit the bill but I'm not sure I will be a happy camper😃 Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
MEA

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, I have a 2015 33.5 and we love it. We have only had minor issues that I repair myself. The 5 star tune is a must but other than that you should be good. As long as you remember this is $125,000.00 MH not a $250,000.00. For the price point I think it fits the bill. You may look into adding 2 more batteries for long dry camping but the generator works perfect for powering the entire MH. And thank you for you military service!!
Mike
Old 06-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEA View Post
Hi, I have a 2015 33.5 and we love it. We have only had minor issues that I repair myself. The 5 star tune is a must but other than that you should be good. As long as you remember this is $125,000.00 MH not a $250,000.00. For the price point I think it fits the bill. You may look into adding 2 more batteries for long dry camping but the generator works perfect for powering the entire MH. And thank you for you military service!!
Mike

Thanks Mike. What is the 5 star tune?

2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Old 06-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #4

Have a 2014 34.2. Really like it. Glad we bought it. No major issues - no more, no less than the 3 previous trailers we've owned. Our experience with Thor has been very good. Would definitely trade up with another Thor product if we were in the market. Good luck.
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #5

I want to thank everyone for your comments in this and another blog. Since everyone is all over the map about Thor, some love me some don't, I have made my decision if it matters. I can't get past the fact the the floor plan meets my needs to a tee. 50% of my camping is dry camping and I don't want to have a coach or TT without an outside kitchen. I understand that everyone says the same thing, this is an entry level coach and there will be issues. The price at a fairly local dealer is as good as anywhere. Those that don't like their coach pretty much always go back to lack of service. The dealer I am looking at gives a lifetime warranty on many of the items on the coach as long as it gets routine service once per year (I bet this is a costly service). So after a test drive I want to meet with the service manager. If he gives me a warm a fuzzy then I'm sold. Now all I have to do is convince the DW that this will be more fun than our TT...good luck on that one.

2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Old 06-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

We just purchased a THOR 2015 Miramar 34.2 and absolutely love it! We also have a few minor issues but fixed them myself. I drove out to Indiana from Boston to Total Value RV and paid 105k total with all options (no trade in). Check them out they were awesome to work with!
Moonless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonless View Post
We just purchased a THOR 2015 Miramar 34.2 and absolutely love it! We also have a few minor issues but fixed them myself. I drove out to Indiana from Boston to Total Value RV and paid 105k total with all options (no trade in). Check them out they were awesome to work with!

Thanks for the reply. I did check out Total Value and was thinking of going there. However I found a local dealer who basically matched their price. Glad to hear you like your 34.2. What was your gas mileage on the ride home?

2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Old 06-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hey Navy, Marine here,
We have a friend who bought a 34.2 at CW in Myrtle Beach for 113,000. Minor problems but like you he had to have the outside kitchen. Good luck with your decision.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Warren View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did check out Total Value and was thinking of going there. However I found a local dealer who basically matched their price. Glad to hear you like your 34.2. What was your gas mileage on the ride home?

2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Drove 950 miles home and filled twice for a total of $250. The tank was 1/2 full when we picked her up. Not sure what the average was nut drove really nice on the highway.
Moonless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:07 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonless View Post
Drove 950 miles home and filled twice for a total of $250. The tank was 1/2 full when we picked her up. Not sure what the average was nut drove really nice on the highway.

Your wife might not like being called a nut😊

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum