Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #1

Dataset for Power Control Panel

I have a new XTE the PCS panel shows Monitor vers 4.11
Default dataset.
None of the system loads are shown, Load 0 ON no amps shown, Load 1 ON no amps shown, none of the Loads show amps and I know there are amps on the loads as shown in the manual.

Got no help from Thor or Lazydays except sent me a new panel but still with the default dataset.

Any ideas how to get the right data set. Unit does show the line loads and seems to check the input lines.

Help, Dave
McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

Sure sounds like the current sensor isn't connected. Did you look back there to see if the load(s) are wired thru it?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #3

Update on PSCP

I have pulled the panel and it is connected with a phone cable wire. There are other phone cable connection thru out the coach but none to the ref, microway, etc. I think Thor failed to finish the job. The RV repair places(Lazydays, Tom Johnson) don't seem to know what to do. The rep at Thor was no help either. The coach manual clearly show the loads on each appliance in the unit. Who has the PSCP installed and is it working.

Help, dave
Old 11-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #4

Dave.. each appliance does not have a seperate wire running to it that goes to the PCS. The PCS unit obtains it's information from each appliance at the load center (breaker panel). Each individual item is wired thru a subpanel right next to the breakers and that subpanel has an RJ11 type cable to communicate with the front panel. Do you have an inverter? Magnum? There are 3 different ways to hook up the communication cable (RJ11) depending upon whether or not you have an inverter and it's being used as an assist. It is entirely possible it's simply connected wrong, or perhaps the cable is bad. You may be able to use a straight thru phone cable to test with depending upon how your inverter is placed in the system... I cant help you any further without more info.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #5

Great info

Thanks 94,
You have given me more info than I gotten from anyone. The unit has a Magnum inverter and there are RJ11 pigtails from the inverter and generator and shore power, The PCSP does indicate these components but nothing else. It also goes into error mode with the following message: RV Data Mismatch/error 2 18c1 18c1/C default data/M default data.
I can remove the panel unplug and replug and it will come back live showing line loads but no individual loads. It shows Panel version of 4.11 but data mismatch.
It will go back to null sometimes when I cut battery power then I have to unplug/plug to bring it back. I have looked for a board that feeds the PCSP panel and it would be at the main panel, will look again.
I am thinking that Thor left something at the factory. Lazy Days worked on the problem a week when I picked up the unit, their solution was to send me anew PCSP.

Your help will be appreciated, I am taking the unit to Tom Johnson on Tuesday to have them work on the furnace and awing, maybe we can give them some advise on the PCSP, they were stumped the last time I was there.
Thanks again for your help,
Dave
Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #6

Ok, I thought it was just in default mode for THOR, now that you say it's in mismatch that is a problem. I think we need to work backwards to try to figure out why yours has no programming in it.

Is this a brand new unit or used? I am trying to figure out how it lost the factory programming. Each manufacturer using the PCS programs it using a laptop and a dongle They "teach" these for their particular setup.. such as which loads to shed in a particular order, what appliances are connected to which bank, your inverter information, generator wattage, etc etc. We need to know if Thor strays from the defaults or not (some do, some don't). When the need arises to replace the monitor panel the system is "supposed" to upload any previous stored parameters from the controller. So.. either yours has nothing to upload but the monitor panel thinks it does, the cabling is cut/split somewhere, or the controller has failed. Having fun yet? :-)
Old 11-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #7

More note on PCS

Thanks for your comments,
What you said is pretty much what I was thinking. LD could not find the problem when I picked up the unit in Sept(it is new,2014) So they sent me a new panel and of course it was not loaded with the right data. The question is who can load the correct data, the rep at Thor did not know what I was talking about neither did Tom Johnson. As I said I am going to TJ on Tues to have them fix the furnace and the Awning and will ask them again to look at the PCS. It would be good to tell them specifically what to do. Am having fun as I don't expect much.

Thanks, Dave

Tags
power