Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #1

Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights (headlights) on a 2005 Hurricane ?
Dave S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #2

Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights (headlights) on a 2005 Hurricane ?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #3

There probably is...but why would you want to?

2007 CR-V w/BlueOX Aventa LX tow bar
cltkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #4

Well first off, all bulbs have a life expectancy, why wear them out , running with them all on the time..

Secondly, I travel towing a 24 foot enclosed car trailer on major highways, in New York and New Jersey, and south...I cant tell you how many times when being passed by a trucker, they come close to cutting me off when pulling back in, and then flash their lights...you know why ? Cause they thought I was flashing my lights telling it was clear to pull back in...

So I would prefer to not have my lights on during the day....

FYI, for anyone else thats interested, I talked to some Ford dealer guys and there is a module that needs to be disabled in order to make this happen, I just need to find it, because it not in its "normal" (for a ford 550 truck) place...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #5

Thanks for the update Dave. Maybe a search for running light module on the internet might turn something up. I am pretty sure Ford would give you a diagram(schematic)

f53 manual

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Dave S, first welcome to iRv2.com
I have also thought about it at some times.When you find the location let us all know thanks. I toad a 24 enclosed car trailer also when going to car shows
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote