Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dealers for Palazzo Problems & Thor Slide Problems

Some people are not happy with their Palazzo's ,slide problems, structural problems and just new coach problems.
Other Thor products could have the same slide problems also.

??????QUESTION ON THOR SLIDE MAINTENANCE ?????

==========Some Slide Issue's LINK=========

======SLIDE OUT TROUBLE SHOOTING=======

=========SLIDE OUT MANUALS===========

=========MAINTENANCE OF SLIDE PARTS======

====Sorry to say Thor is not the only ones with problems====

I would like for members to list good dealers you think can do the slide conversions that is being done at the factory now and if the dealer is capable of doing body structural work.

Dealers that can't comply I would not list just those that can.

You all bought these coach's for a reason so this list should allow you to be able to enjoy the coach you purchased and the GOOD DEALERS will keep them that way.

FIND A THOR DEALER----------FACTORY TOUR------------

THOR WARRANTY DEPT.----------CUSTOMER SERVICE---(877)855-2867---
----DANIEL BARRY--------------------- MARK STANLEY

------------------------Dealers GOOD Service----------------

TOM JOHNSON CONCORD, NC.

CAMPERS WORLD ST. AUGUSTINE, FL.

RV CONNECTIONS SERVICE & REPAIR, FL.

ROUTE 66 SERVICE CENTERS

COACH NET CENTERS

KEYSTONE RV, GREENCASTLE ,PA.

--------FREIGHTLINER -SERVICE LOCATIONS LINK -------------

JOSAMS ALIGNMENT SERVICE, FL.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Some people are not happy with their Palazzo's ,slide problems, structural problems and just new coach problems.
I would like for members to list good dealers you think can do the slide conversions that is being done at the factory now and if dealer is capable of doing body structural work.
Dealers that can't comply I would not list just those that can.
You all bought these coach's for a reason so this list should allow you to be able to enjoy the coach you purchased and the GOOD DEALERS will keep them that way.
Thanks!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have added some service dealers plus Thor information.

Need your help also!!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
I bought mine from Lazy day's in Tampa FL, and the small warranty stuff that needed to be fixed they did a good job on within 2 day's.
My 2014 has been great so far no major problem's .

mike
Old 11-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
I bought mine from Lazy day's in Tampa FL, and the small warranty stuff that needed to be fixed they did a good job on within 2 day's.
My 2014 has been great so far no major problem's .

mike
If you buy at Lazydays you get good service. If not, go elsewhere.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #6

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
If you buy at Lazydays you get good service. If not, go elsewhere.
That mite be true not sure, That sounds like common practice, I no that northtrail rv that is about 30 minutes from my house said the same thing to me ." no buy here no fix here "
Old 11-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
That mite be true not sure, That sounds like common practice, I no that northtrail rv that is about 30 minutes from my house said the same thing to me ." no buy here no fix here "
That's why I think with that mentality we have companies like Coach Net and ROUTE 66 NETWORK stepping in and taking these dealers work load that they are dumb enough to give up.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello I am new to this rv thing and to this posting thing. My wife and I bought a 2003 Tradewinds 7 months ago and liked it. We recently went to an rv show in Palm Beach Florida where we saw the Thor Palazzo 36.1 from North Trail RV on November 15. Love it so far. I guess by reading on here I really need to pay a lot of attention to the large slide. Thank you people for helping us newbies out.
pete davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2, Pete.
Enjoy the forums and safe travels.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete davis View Post
Hello I am new to this rv thing and to this posting thing. My wife and I bought a 2003 Tradewinds 7 months ago and liked it. We recently went to an rv show in Palm Beach Florida where we saw the Thor Palazzo 36.1 from North Trail RV on November 15. Love it so far. I guess by reading on here I really need to pay a lot of attention to the large slide. Thank you people for helping us newbies out.

Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i live in harrisburg pa and go to green castle pa to get my palazzo worked on at keystone rv center, they do great work and also like to get you in and out in a timely matter, used grumbines once and they totally tried to rip me off and also it took 3 months to just get them to look at it. keystone is certified by thor
jimbooth25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for that Jim will add to list.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #13

FYI, Lazy Days has a new CEO that is extremely focused on service. He only started in May and spent his first two weeks in the service bays, working with the techs and talking to customers. He is very much aware of the ills of the industry and is working to address as much as he can at his dealerships. So, the service is not just for folks who bought from Lazy Days, it is a way to earn their next sale.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
FYI, Lazy Days has a new CEO that is extremely focused on service. He only started in May and spent his first two weeks in the service bays, working with the techs and talking to customers. He is very much aware of the ills of the industry and is working to address as much as he can at his dealerships. So, the service is not just for folks who bought from Lazy Days, it is a way to earn their next sale.
Good to hear that a shop and operation the size of Lazy Days are focusing on after sale support and they understand the value and impact on future sales.

I spent my working life in aviation and the old saying was, “you lose a sale to an airline you may not get another chance for 10-20 years to recapture that customer”. Quality of your product and after sales support will go a long way to making that airline a repeat customer. Even if you had a major issue with your product you could get past it without causing damage to your relationship with your customer if you addressed the issue quickly and professionally and you control the level of pain your customer experienced.

Motor Homes are a long cycle business as well with ample competition between manufacturers and dealerships. Add in the power of the internet and how it can adversely impact your reputation if you do not do things right. I know many people who will travel hundreds of miles to purchase from a dealership that has a good reputation for fair dealing and good aftermarket support.

I have two dealerships within 20 minutes of my house and I would not purchase anything from either company. I have heard and read too many complaints coupled with my limited contact (parts/supplies) only confirmed much of what I already knew about these companies.

Tags
slide, thor, dealer