RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1

do you have a 2013 palazzo by thor

hi, have you had any problems with your motor coach such as steering or play in the steering wheel?

mboneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Have a 2013 33.1. Have no problems with the steering/wheel.

tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #3

I would check the tire pressures all around first. Next if that doesn't help have a tire shop check that your tires are properly balanced I had an issue with tire balance. Ask your dealer to have the coach aligned my 33.1 needed aligned. I am unsure as to why THOR doesn't do that before they leave the factory.

These suggestions fixed my problems. I just put a Steer-Safe stabilizer on so can't tell you how that will help. I got it for safety and to help in windy conditions.

Bill
Palazzo 33.1
Jeep Unlimited
SteelerFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #4

Alignment is not proper without a working load. There are customer required things after taking possession. Check your manual.

In mine (2011 Thor) it states:

"The front suspension and steering system of this vehicle was factory aligned using highly accurate equipment prior to delivery to the dealership. We recommend that the alignment is checked after you have fully loaded the motorhome according to your personal needs. If necessary, adjust alignment for the loaded motorhome. Thereafter, the alignment should be inspected yearly to help prevent uneven tire wear."

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No play in the steering but it is sensitive and the coach is susceptible to wind and big trucks.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboneill View Post
hi, have you had any problems with your motor coach such as steering or play in the steering wheel?
This question is your first post therefore welcome to iRV2. My Palazzo handles just fine but I did install a steering stabilizer (Safe T Plus) as a safety measure in the event of a blow out and my DW was at the wheel. My DW wants to learn to drive and the biggest thing she has ever driven was a SUV.

Do you own a Palazzo or are you in the question and answer phase?

TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote