Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #1

Do you drain them after each use? 3 months? 6 months? I've not use the water in the fresh water tank for about a month now because I camped mostly at full hookup sites. Do I need to drain it out?
How about the hot water tank?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #2

Do you drain them after each use? 3 months? 6 months? I've not use the water in the fresh water tank for about a month now because I camped mostly at full hookup sites. Do I need to drain it out?
How about the hot water tank?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you are using your coach every weekend no need to drain. The fresh water tank was bleached the begining of season and I will freshen and drain during season, use mostly for toilets, in camp grounds most of the time. Your HW needs to be used also or your will smell rotten egg smell if not used and more quickly in the hot weather. When flushed with bleach in spring did HW heater also. If you continally use coach should not have a problem.
They do have chemicals that are safe for fresh water tank but alot of RVers do not care to use.
Welcome to irv2 and the Thor forums.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #4

I flush HWH at end of season.I treat fresh water tank in begining of season and keep it 1/3 full.I just fill when it goes empty.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote