Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
UAV

Finally, Decision Made

Well, after going around and around, doing more research than I ever did for a college paper, we have ordered up a Thor Magnitude XG32 from MHSRV.

Ford F550, Four Wheel Drive and floorplan that is just the right size and layout for us.

We did not want something too big nor something too small. Not too expensive and not too cheap.

Delivery should be just a few days or so after Labor Day.

I am well aware of Thor and some, shall we say, quality control issues of the past but from what I have learned I felt good enough to pull the trigger. They have made some major improvements from the top down...especially in the past few years.

It is amazing the amount of thought, time, effort, etc. we have put into this decision. Really thought it through and are very happy with our choice.

Will I feel this way in a few months? I do not know...but I will be happy to spread any good news, or bad.

Never thought I would buy a Thor product but this one was the best for what we were looking.

If anyone else out there has one of the Magnitudes or Omnis...or any other input, feel free to chime in!

More soon...
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #2

You might read a few owners reviews of Thor products so you're prepared, just in case: Thor Coach Reviews

I know that I wouldn't buy any Thor product from the last several years after some of the things they've pulled on their own brand and those that they bought lately. They've become a monopoly unfortunately.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congratulations! You must be so excited. I know others want to burst your bubble having made a Thor purchase. It's not your first rodeo. You did your due diligence & there's only so much research you can do. Eventually, one has to commit & hope for the best. Will there be bugs? Sure. Hopefully they'll be few.

Post up some pics in the New Rig Show Off Forum when you get it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:51 AM   #4

Congrats, I also keep coming back to the Magnitude a the one for me. We have the same hesitations, so we are definitely hoping you keep us posted.
El Chapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #5

Congrats, I like that 4WD option. Is Thor the only high volume motorhome manufacturer offering this in a super C?
Old 08-21-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

We had several F550 4x4 diesel crew cabs over the years and loved the trucks for the ability to tow and just drive down the road. Your unit comes very well equipped and should be a lot of fun and give you many years of service. You will be going back to the Dealer/factory but so do all the Newels and so on, that is just the way it is especially now days. Enjoy the rig. And as a side note have the tire pressure checked and adjusted as you want before leaving the dealer. The over night spots at the dealer are great and good time to try out everything.
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #7
UAV

Thanks All! Yes, it is pretty amazing that after three other coaches and hearing what I have and knowing now what I know, that a Thor ended up being our choice; however, in the end, and in my opinion, ALL manufacturers are having issues, especially these days. I have studied them all to exhaustion. I really have.

El Chapo: Don't worry, I am one of those types that will tell all, good or bad. Hopefully more good than bad but I promise to give unbiased reports from day one. I am an old hockey referee (got up to NHL pre-season games but wasn't Canadian so that was the end of that story!) so I call them as I sees them!

JeffAZ: Yes, as far as I know this is the one and only on a 4x4 with an engine such as the Ford F550. I would have gone with the Magnitude either way, just so happened that the XG32 (sounds like a spy plane) came with it so bonus!

Milford47: Indeed...will treat all of this sort of like buying a brand new home: Keep a detailed list, Go back for a 90 day or so checkup, and will do the big check up/fixes/etc. around month 11. Nice to hear about your experiences with the Ford Chassis.

One person said with that engine and the smaller size of the XG32 (33'6") it could "pull the fire out of hell!" but we will just be pulling our 4,000lb toad.

But unlike a Winnebago View, Leisure Vans, or any other MB Chassis coach (which we gave serious consideration) we don't need to be so wary of our OCCC. We like that the XG32 is slightly larger and is a MUCH more powerful coach.

Hopefully we will hear from others but not too much out there yet.

No official delivery date yet but still looking like right after Labor Day.

More soon!
Old 09-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #8
UAV

For those that are curious...and some of you out there are, pickup of the XG32 is scheduled for this coming Monday, the 16th of September.

I will be giving reports throughout the experience, initial quality, etc. so stay tuned if you are interested. If not, that is okay, too!

Also, on a more general Thor front, I did have a question regarding a couple of items. Happy to report so far so good.

I went to the Thor website, gave them my soon to me VIN# for the Magnitude and they replied with a phone call and answers to me questions within about 10 minutes.

This leave me optimistic! Cautiously optimistic...but optimistic!

More soon.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hope everything goes well with the pick up.....fingers crossed. Does MHSRV have sites where you can spend a couple/few days to check everything out?

Post up some pics when you get a chance. We're anxiously waiting.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
UAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Hope everything goes well with the pick up.....fingers crossed. Does MHSRV have sites where you can spend a couple/few days to check everything out?

Post up some pics when you get a chance. We're anxiously waiting.

Lori-
I shall post pictures as soon as possible.

And, yes, they do have covered sites for those picking up their coaches and my plan is to stay two nights there, opening, closing, running, checking everything several times.

Thanks Lori!