RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #1

Four Winds 31L Lighting Question

I have a Thor 2015 Four Winds 31L. It's pretty new and right now is in winter storage in an indoor facility that's heated. I go there about once a week to start it up for about 10 minutes just to keep it charged up to avoid problems. The unit has a battery override switch that I keep on OFF while being stored. When I go in to start it up, I switch it to USE, thinking it will also charge the house battery while running.

Now, here is my question: I noticed that the interior overhead lights that run down the center of the cabin don't work. The lights over the dinnette and over the couch work, as do the TV and the lights in the bathroom. Just the three running down the center don't work. Does anyone have any ideas as to why just these three light don't work?

Any help or suggestions you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks

KenMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #2

Could be a switch that is off possibly a three way one by steps land the other by bed room door

middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #3

My 31W has a switch under the cabinet just north of the entry door... which runs the hallways lights. Could yours have that as well?
Old 02-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #4

Hey KenMast! Did you ever figure this out? We are picking up our new 31L tomorrow morning and are pretty excited.... when we test drove it, one of the 3 rocker switches inside the door on the panel controlled 12v lights only. without that switch closed, none of the center 12v lights would work. Could that be it?
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #5

Hey Toad,

Thanks for the tip. That sounds like it might do the trick. I'll check it out.

Our RV is in indoor winter storage right now, so I can't run out to the driveway (which is covered in 3 feet of snow) to check it.

Your suggestion would have come at the perfect time because tomorrow (2/7/15) was the day we were supposed to leave the snowy north coast for sunny Florida. But a medical problem caused that trip to be cancelled. We'll be rescheduling for the beginning of March.

Thanks again, and enjoy your new 31L.

Ken
KenMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you like your 31L? I'm looking closely at that model to replace our '03 Sunseeker

Tags
four winds