Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sure does do you have some pics.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #58

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
We all know that feeling . When the wife is happy we are happy.I hope my wife don't read this about the MOEN pullout. please post pic's for all to see.
Great mod you done , keep it coming!!!
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #59

Hi all! My wife has been telling me to look at this site and I finally gave in and now I love it. We have had our '07 31D about three months and have really enjoyed the move from our hybrid camper. We have added a 26" lcd to the bedroom and a second a/c unit.We are in the process of having power mirrors added and have wondered if ours coming without them was just a fluke or is it commonplace. Happy camping to everyone
tennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #60

Welcome Tennille, to irv2.com .
your wife is a smart women, she knows good reading when she sees it.
lots of good info here and most of all happy Camping. please post pic's of your 31 D Hurricane
Old 08-18-2007, 01:30 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally posted by tennille:
Hi all! My wife has been telling me to look at this site and I finally gave in and now I love it. We have had our '07 31D about three months and have really enjoyed the move from our hybrid camper. We have added a 26" lcd to the bedroom and a second a/c unit.We are in the process of having power mirrors added and have wondered if ours coming without them was just a fluke or is it commonplace. Happy camping to everyone
Welcome. You will get some good info here. The mirrors,heated and power are an option.Most dealers order them with this option.I would take a guess and say that you may be pre wired for them.Also you should check your build sheet in case of dealer hanky panky.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #62

yes, Frankie is right on . Some dealers are into that hanky panky deals. When I found that my cd was not working and I call the warranty dept at Four Winds, they told me that they would not fix it because it is over a year old and the warranty pass by 3 months . Well long story short after I got the OK and RA approval promise to return to the manufactor as I had to call JENSEN to tell them what is going on , of the radio JENSEN sirruis, that the warranty is for 2 years or 24,000 miles , my M/H only had 7,100 at the time i call them . that when I remove the radio and guess what both tape seal were broken this would VOID the warranty . When i approach the dealer they told me off the record the service manager that instead of senting it back for warranty that they swap it out with another radio on there lot from another new M/H just to sell the coach. Something to do with the long paperwork and time involve.
That explain why the FOUR WINDS would not fix my radio. They already had my serial number of the radio and it did not match my M/H on file that it was installed in a class C and mine is a class A Hurricane . When I call Four winds they told me that that radio must have been from another M/H.

I guess this is a normal dealer practice to swap parts just to get more sells and not backlog on warranty parts. that explain why they needed my M/H for 4 to 5 weeks on their lot.
I remove it and sent it into Jensen and received a brand new JENSEN Vr185 in less then a week at no charge and it was bill to FOUR WINDS from the manufacture , I guess they are aware of the practice that dealers are doing. Sorry for long typing must be that STARBUCK latte venti , man I got to quit drinking that stuff.

I sure hope they won't be pulling this stuff on me when next year when the 2009 MANDALAY comes out . I will be going up to the plant to order a custom built unit when it is available.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:20 AM   #63

Greoge I too has something wrong with my radio. The dealer fix it and told me that a cable was disconnected.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally posted by MyLife:
Greoge I too has something wrong with my radio. The dealer fix it and told me that a cable was disconnected.
They probably swap out for another radio from another m/h., cables don't come loose , there is a big plug that snap together from the radio into the speakers wire harness. and it has 2 locking pins hard plastic to keep from pulling out from vibrations or from wire harness. you have to fight it just to remove it from the back of the radio.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #65

We are now the proud parents of twin power mirrors . It beats the heck out of adjusting them from outside when we change drivers. We had it done at the local Camping World and were pleased with the service.
tennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #66

Tennille , the next thing you get will be the electric awnings . then the Spendline washer & dryer combine unit installed by Camping World , that is my next item the Spendline 200S W & D Combo vented are selling at $999 and only under $170 to installed them. regular price are $1,200 just for the unit. Unit has been order and just waiting for it to arive at Camping World it takes 2 weeks to arrive at Camping World from the factory.

just think no more quarters.
Congrats on your new electric mirrors, I am jealous.Now I will check into ordering them myself and have Camping World to install them asap.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
OK Guys...you saw my post about El Cheapo Dasho.

Well this mod solves that problem and keeps your TV from bouncing down the hallway too.

So, after screwing the dash to the cabinet with angle brackets on the inside of the cabinet, I bolted the cabinet to the top of the engine firewall and my dash sqeaks and rattles are history.

Now I even have a shelf to set my laptop on to run my iGuidance while cruising. Nxt thing will be to add cup holders. Aaaagh...it never ends.
gregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Oops...one more.

I tried putting the Moen pull out faucet on but the wife didn't like it. She said the spray got everything else in the area wet. I told her it takes a man to learn how to run that hose. Of course she immediately reminded me of the whole "missing the toilet" thing so I backed down.

So I switched it out for a more traditional setup with a soap dispenser (now that she likes!!!)

gregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 AM   #69

Looks great.Plan on doing my bath sink with a moen.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #70

HO HO HO , now come on guys and gals we all know you got gifts for your motorhome., tell us in details.
Merry Christmas to ALL . it has been quiet on here for over a month and a half . I guess everyone is camping .