RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #1

Fresh water drain valve

I have a 2011 30Q. where the fresh water drain valve or is there one.
Thanks.

eas_retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am not sure of your make or model you have, but try looking in the area of the fresh water tank. Mine has a valve on a line running from the bottom of the tank. It drains straight down from the tank.

Lightseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #3

Thanks. I think in my model, it's located under the bed ,since it's elevated and the drain valve must be inside leading to the outside to protect from cold weather.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a FourWinds TT with the tank under the bed and the drain was on the tank. I extended the line from the tank and installed another valve outside because it was a pain to get the to factory one. That worked really good. I just left the factory valve open and used the one I installed to drain the tank and in the winter I just opened it and no problems for the 3 years I had the trailer.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 2010 30Q. The drain valve is under the rear bed just to the right of the fresh water tank which is located under that bed. It's the best drain system I've ever used: just open the valve. The water will drain from the entire system, all the lines, etc. Then all that remains to winterize is to pour RV antifreeze down your sink traps and into the commode. Sometimes, just to be sure, I also blow the lines out with my air compressor. But I've never gotten any water out of them after I've drained the coach. Komac
komac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by komac
I have a 2010 30Q. The drain valve is under the rear bed just to the right of the fresh water tank which is located under that bed. It's the best drain system I've ever used: just open the valve. The water will drain from the entire system, all the lines, etc. Then all that remains to winterize is to pour RV antifreeze down your sink traps and into the commode. Sometimes, just to be sure, I also blow the lines out with my air compressor. But I've never gotten any water out of them after I've drained the coach. Komac
Thanks a lot. Under the mattress is access to the tank. I'll check it out. I want to drain the water and santatize the system before I use it. So far, I've been using city water at the full hookup sites.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #7

Angry

I have a 2011 Four winds 23U and it is under the dinette bench closest to the driver's seat.
I just found it today. It is not the one at the top that you can easily see. It is down at the bottom.
I am unable to reach ! Any suggestions on how to modify this would be appreciated.
Thank you!!
sue8500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #8

Interesting... My 2000 30Q has the drain valve outside directly under the fresh water fill which is exactly where the 2011 owners manual says it is... See page 74. http://www.thormotorcoach.com/media/...f99a31acdd70ff
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #9

We have a GT 325 (02) and until about a week ago, I couldn't find the potable water drain.

I was trouble-shooting a cable TV problem which led to a cupboard under the bedroom wardrobes that was placarded as not being a storage cupboard. I had assumed that the hinges were dummies and that the cupboards couldn't be accessed.

Getting down on my knees after opening the bedroom slide, I discovered that the cupbord doors were real and were held close by woodscrews through the doors into the frame. After popping the disguise buttons and taking the screws out, I discovered they were real doors. One opened onto the power controller and the other onto the potable water tank. Miracle - there was a drain valve.

Doors are now on catches so I can open them if needed and I can drain the potable tank. Until discovering this feature, I had been using the water pump to pump the tank dry and then going to a local dump station to get rid of the water.

We have some of the nation's best quality water in Anacortes, so we always leave home with the potable tank full. On longer trips we sometimes get some less than acceptable water on board just to give us enough for the trip home. Now I know how to dump it, I'm a happier camper!

I figure whatever slightly scuzzy drinking water we got on the road will be fine going down the street drain into the salt-water marina across the street.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseekers View Post
I had a FourWinds TT with the tank under the bed and the drain was on the tank. I extended the line from the tank and installed another valve outside because it was a pain to get the to factory one. That worked really good. I just left the factory valve open and used the one I installed to drain the tank and in the winter I just opened it and no problems for the 3 years I had the trailer.

Wondering how you did this??? Thanks!
sue8500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I got a short piece of tubing that would fit the bottom of the stock drain valve - it had a short section that went thru the floor and I removed it and replace with a longer piece. I put a clamp on the replaced tubing and added another valve at the end of the new drain tube. I attached the new valve to the bumper - my tank was at the rear of the trailer. I opened the stock valve and never touched it again. I could drain the tank with the valve attached to the bumper. It made life much easier.

Sorry, I do not have any pictures. I traded the trailer a few years ago.

Good luck.

Tags
water