Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Front Drop bed question, 2016 Outlaw 37LS

This may be a really stupid question with an obvious answer but........Is there a low stop point on the drop bed? Seems if I don't stop mine it will lower all the way to touch the highest portion of the dash. How do I know how far to lower it? Are there pins for the down position? My dealers walk through on the used Outlaw was less than informative. Thanks.
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 12:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We don't have this bunk...but it should be the standard in any TMC model line, so you posted in the right place

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #3

down position is just above dash

I have a garmin nav on top of the dash between the gauge & radio "humps".

I have to remove the nav unit if using the bunk as it does almost touch the top of the dash humps.

also make sure the drivers & passenger seats are not fully "upright". lean them back a little.
Terminex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek5 View Post
This may be a really stupid question with an obvious answer but........Is there a low stop point on the drop bed? Seems if I don't stop mine it will lower all the way to touch the highest portion of the dash. How do I know how far to lower it? Are there pins for the down position? My dealers walk through on the used Outlaw was less than informative. Thanks.
The fans can also hit things - dash must be depopulated - and yes, there ARE holes for the pins that must be removed to lower, and SHOULD be inserted at the lowered position. One of our tracks originally got bound up during the dealer walk-through - partially stripped teeth in the track or the motor's gear. Track and motor assembly was easily replaced on one of several warranty trips back to the dealer during the first year. Main advice on that bed is the track motors are NOT rated for lifting any storage items placed on the bed - sheets and blankets, yes; boxes of papers and cans of food, NO !
Larry in NC, Tango 38RE - Outlaw #2049
RV.Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:05 AM   #5

Our left fan hits when the bunk is down. The Schwintek lift system is a PIA - if you look at it funny it gets cockeyed.

1) BEFORE lowering make sure seats and other items are stowed. Raise bed 1", remove lock pins
2) when lowering do not stop until bed is all the way down
3) when lifting do not stop until bed is all the way up, inset locking pins, lower bed 1" to the lock pins
4) if bed gets cockeyed you may have to disconnect one side then apply power to the other (see Schwintek slide alignment somewhere on youtube)

From the stories on the internet and our own experiences, using Schwintek for the bed was a mistake.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVroadblock View Post
Our left fan hits when the bunk is down. The Schwintek lift system is a PIA - if you look at it funny it gets cockeyed.

1) BEFORE lowering make sure seats and other items are stowed. Raise bed 1", remove lock pins
2) when lowering do not stop until bed is all the way down
3) when lifting do not stop until bed is all the way up, inset locking pins, lower bed 1" to the lock pins
4) if bed gets cockeyed you may have to disconnect one side then apply power to the other (see Schwintek slide alignment somewhere on youtube)

From the stories on the internet and our own experiences, using Schwintek for the bed was a mistake.
Thanks for the reply. Should is there an actual location where it stops on its own or do I have to watch and stop just before it touches?
Old 09-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #7

stops on its own

Sorry about that, should have specified.

Yes, it does stop on its own when it is in the full down position.
Terminex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminex View Post
Sorry about that, should have specified.

Yes, it does stop on its own when it is in the full down position.
Thanks, mine may need some adjustment then because if I don't release the button to stop it contacts the dash. I also do not have a place for the pins in the down position. I'm wondering if they forgot, or changed something in the 2106.5 run.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek5 View Post
Thanks, mine may need some adjustment then because if I don't release the button to stop it contacts the dash. I also do not have a place for the pins in the down position. I'm wondering if they forgot, or changed something in the 2106.5 run.
on our 2016 Outlaw 38RE the bunk stops on its own and we dont have any place for the pins in the down position
Old 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #10

I have the 2016.5 LS as well. And yes, the bunk does lightly press on the hump on the dash over the steering wheel. But mine has been used for 2 weeks on the road with a couple sleeping up there with no issues.
Noble6047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble6047 View Post
I have the 2016.5 LS as well. And yes, the bunk does lightly press on the hump on the dash over the steering wheel. But mine has been used for 2 weeks on the road with a couple sleeping up there with no issues.
Great to hear that. Thank-you