Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Furniture Replacement ideas?

I want to replace my couch with a loveseat which has dual recliners and cup holder. I want brown microfiber.

Space is:

85 inches wide, 36 inches deep.

Need a wall hugger and it somehow (even in pieces if possible) needs to fit through a 24 inch wide door. I'm not planning on removing the windshield or full wall slide out.

Any ideas?

Also, I plan to change my u-shape dinette into something. $1,000.00 to recover the poorly made vinyl to material/adhesive issue is just ridiculous. Thor should be ashamed.

Any ideas?

If you have pictures that would be appreciated. I'm looking at Ashley and Rooms to go but no luck yet.

Thanks.
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I found one

After a lot of views it appears I'm not the only one who has been unable to find reasonably priced replacement furniture.

I just found this one and I bought it. I did have to change one request. It's faux leather and not microfiber material. The product and seller both has excellent reviews.

Only after about 8 hours of searching online did I find a RV sofa that was not the ridiculously priced Thomas Payne stuff of $1700.

Amazon.com but not a Prime seller - but shipping was free just probably won't be as fast.

RecPro Charles 67" Double RV Zero Wall Hugger Recliner Sofa w/ Console Espresso

$789.95
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Made for RV.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:25 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Loveseat Recliner is Awesome!

The furniture arrived today and it looks great.

I had a couple of curve balls thrown at me and I'm not done but I will get it.

From reading the forum I anticipated the floor under the couch was wood. No carpet.

I did NOT anticipate I would have a large amount of plumbing and wiring creating a 9 inch offset on one side.

Still workable, just a lot more labor.

First I had to extend the base floor about 4 inches. Second, I had to make a way to secure it. I used a L bracket (2 each) but I had to bolt it into the couch and screw it into the floor. On the extension piece I installed laminate that looks like hardwood flooring. I need to get a cap for the end.

I'm going to build an end table and allow the 9 inch tall open box for the stuff.

My one question.. This is where the slid out cables and such are located. There is a black fabric covering that has Velcro around it. If it were not for this covering you could see straight out onto the ground. It looks like the covering has just been thrown in there. I know there is a specific way it supposed to be but I cant figure it out. This will need to be correct before I install the built piece I still have to build.

The one thing I unhooked and put cap on was the drain for the washer. Since we don't have one but I saved all of the stuff just in case but there would be additional alterations to make this work again. I prefer the coach and table.

Here are a few pics so far.

If you know how the material is supposed to be and even better if you have a picture please post it.

Thanks.

Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RumtKGHiryMBeupUP6-QSEx1INlOWb4TPdSIEx0LwswpX92IB.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	150498   Click image for larger version

Name:	F9_Hv8w5r5pZvdNvmPuKDJOQEbax6ii1KVLtd-4jQUwpX92IB.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	150499  

Name:	dhJ4m-Nwlqkq7Rb0FJIdASO9Hekn_uzMIrLLqNWscPUpX92IB.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	150500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IL8yZ_zPagmA2-k8iX6J6PFWgCR8yQY8qeU97r5-bkUpX92IB.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	150501  

Name:	C-rx2AnQaoO7q_13T_X3xZOGd8qaNlDiMdfaGdFcgaspX92IB.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	150502   Click image for larger version

Name:	I0DjJwzpD65CyIMFwP6T3V3mSYA1uoFv6jSqc0dmDPspX92IB.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	150503  

Name:	5ffIN_3A_cZJepMkt-UW7tpRyhB6ua4fXUfRuK9LO8wpX92IB.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	150504   Click image for larger version

Name:	DNDUcvx_ls4r3MNJKLuJD72TWOVozQ3S_WC0XNknieUpX92IB.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	150505  

Name:	QFXPRGwQNReZLY-VQ7qr3D9kWQZmCt4SNsYtJvRjV4kpX92IB.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	150506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm4DDdqZCF9l9P0Gkn7BOFDFPG0Jt3TcRMkedHX5ZespX92IB.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	150507  

Old 01-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Nice job. I'd have been scared to death finding all that stuff under the old couch.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Couple questions: Looks like 4 inch hi slide floor - how high is bottom of seat above main floor? How much space needed behind top and wall for full recline? Have you had a nap in it yet?
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:01 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
CTPRES questions???

CTPres,

Due to my HOA rules here in Florida I have to park my RV at a storage facility. It costs $125.00 month to park there. I will be glad to do the measurements the next time I get over there. Possibly Saturday or Sunday. I'm going to guess it's 23 inches from the floor bottom of the loveseat (includes the slide step up). I will attach a photo I am estimating from.

As far as taking a nap. No, not yet but I will say it is very comfortable. I am very satisfied to this point with the couch.

I have a brother and sister in law who cannot sleep good in beds even at home. They go with me on occasion and I know they were uncomfortable so not only did I like this but I know they will enjoy on their next trip with me in March. I showed them the pictures and they were very excited.

I still have 5 more years until I retire so I'm getting her ready to go.

If you have any idea on the pouch issue please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KN1XcDQsINMeM9qnpJDMvbXgNrwcwSK0gdtRRu3fSvEpX92IB.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	150599  
Old 01-31-2017, 06:03 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I forgot to answer one other question you had. They say it will recline fully at 1 inch from the wall because its a zero wall hugger. I have it 2 inches and it reclines fully without hitting the wall.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Slide Pouch

Since this was wrong before I started I would like to put it the way its supposed to go but I don't know which way that is.

Does anyone know this is supposed to go?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kitKvFModeAq3OeAS1fiuxrS163WlMD_jj8_tCeuGUUpX92IB.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	150600   Click image for larger version

Name:	jDxphjOKEDt_fadUIeMLvSYuadali8b7Vvk5DXPh1TIpX92IB.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	150601  

Old 01-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #9

Great job !!! I have wanted to due the same thing to my 2015 hurricane 34f but when I saw all off the plumbing underneath I did not know what to do. I have 2 questions . can you open the bathroom door with the slide in and you stated you plugged the washer drain hose . I have a washer and dryer setup in mine so do you feel that would be a problem with the same set up ?
rdd001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #10

After seeing your progress it motivated me to get started on replacing mine. I don't think any of that is out of place. There is a lot going on underneath that sofa. All of the information you posted was a big help. My situation is going to be a little more tricky because I need slack in the washer drain hose for when the slide goes in and out as well as the black wiring which I believe has something to do with the slide. I decided that I am going to remove my dinette as well and go with dining chairs with the existing table to give me a little more room to cheat the loveseat to the right. Hopefully the picture I attached came thru as I am new to this. Your research and posts was a big help. I decided to remove the outside shower lines and cap them just to declutter the hoses underneath never used and never will.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf couch removal.pdf (2.45 MB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf couch removal2.pdf (64.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I'm glad to hear I helped. I'm one who has no problem doing things. I do a lot of planning and then... boom! it's always the 3 hour project that turns into 10. I was aware of some possible issues but I never saw this one coming. I removed the washer drain hose for now and put a cap on the end but I did nothing that would keep from ever hooking up a washer if needed.

Your first picture came through but only if you download it. Your second did not come through. One tip is to take a photo formatted as a .jpeg or .tif file extension and scroll down to upload and add the photos.

What I mention about the pouch is it has Velcro around the edges but you cant close it because the washer drain pipe is permanently attached to the top of the gray tank so when the slide moves back and forth the pipe sticks up through the black fabric material straight down the middle where the Velcro closure is so you cant close it.

I'm sure it needs to stay up top and not below the slide because when the slide is in
there is no room under it for anything. Question is if there is no way to close it.... well, this keeps hot and cold out and vice versa inside to include bugs out so I think there has to be a way to close the Velcro. I'm just at a loss since it was not correct when I first saw it.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #12

I noticed while working on mine today it has a rubber flap that closes the opening when slide is fully open. Not perfect. I am finding quite a challenge on the washer drain hose.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Yes. You will find the washer drain hose if needed will present a modification. I have been thinking about that. Make sure you let the slide in all the way and look at it both ways. You will be surprised as your modification ideas become illusions when you see the slide it as opposed to out. The pipe is permanently attached to the top of the gray water tank. My buddy had this great idea until he realized the pipe does not move just the slide. You have to see what moves and what does not and how much slack is needed before cutting things apart. I'm still working on it.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
More questions answered

Two questions I was asked that I could not answer until now are:

1. Can you open the bathroom door with the slide in after installing the new loveseat?

ANSWER: YES

2. What is the total height from the floor including the slide riser to the bottom of the seat cushion?

ANSWER: 21 inches
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6k5SGM0ZnbiFabXsOm16YbBGdnrDogXQ9kyHFEXfmr8pX92IB.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	150914   Click image for larger version

Name:	g4UjaV1Ha2iq_e6Lz3Sk0nmVwaRkwf-k8owNFF4Hgi8pX92IB.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	150915