Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Question Fuse Panel

I am a new member and are looking for help locating fuse panel for chassis fuses. My rig is a 2004 Four Winds Mandalay 40b built on a Freightliner XC chassis. According to the freightliner owners manual their should be two boxes either in front of driver side interior or exterior or next to driver side wall. Cannot find. The only thing I can find is a circuit board up behind instrument cluster behind dash that has some fuses and relays nestled under many wiring harness. Am I looking in the wrong place? I am aware of panel in back of rig that controls coach circuits both 120V and 12V but I am looking for fuses that control exterior lights which I would assume to be freightliner domain.
howbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

The Freightliner fuse boxes , are loose on the bare chassis when it's shipped to the coach manufacturer, and have about 6 feet of wiring harness that allows the builder to locate them in an number of locations . Mine are on the front of the firewall above the gen set . They could easily be under the dash board or if your coach has a compartment outside below the drivers feet , they could be inside that compartment and hidden behind a closure panel at the back.
Here's what mine look like.
BTW: I don't know how custom the wiring harnesses are on each chassis , but the numbers on the boxes are, the last of my chassis serial number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006 (640x480).jpg
Views:	651
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	174891  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:44 AM   #3

I got to thinking ; and at this time of night that's a dangerous thing
that maybe a better angle shot of the wiring harness would help.
This picture , the white arrow and the harness with the white tape is the end of the chassis harness as it comes off the frame rail .
The connector with the red arrow , is the start of what Freightliner considers the dash harness, the smaller sections of the dash harness with the blue tape go to the fuse/relay boxes, and numerous other sections wiring go through the firewall behind the dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	174892  

Tags
fuse, panel