Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #15

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by depchief:
I would not sell the MH at this time.
We are adjusting trips this spring and summer. Shorter traveling distance. Two long trips one for Memorial Day weekend for 10 days to NJ.
Then in September the major trip to Denver area for wedding, this will take us through SD, NM and who knows were else. Hopefully the Oil Barons will have enough in profits, by September, to lower the cost.
If the magnetic strip on the CC wears out I'll switch too another one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the magnetic strip on the credit card wears out I'll switch too another one.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #16

I guess I'll buy one of those three-wheeled motorcycles and tow my motorhome. No telling how much mileage I can get from this arrangement. Only drawback is that the wife will have to sit on a portable toilet while going down the road. I guess we could cook off the hot muffler of the motorcycle. It might be a little uncomfortable at first but look at all the money we could save by towing the moho with a motorcycle.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #17

Hey folks...

I actually found the gas prices going up as a perfect time to purchase my MH. They are selling but the dealers at least in my area seem to be willing to make some very good deals.

As for the impact to me and the DW boss, we just compare to the cost of flights and hotels and find the MH still to be cheaper. I also like the fact that I can stop and go when I want to, take a nap, have a bite to eat and not go through the hassle of airports while on vacation.. I do that enough for work...

W
Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waffen:
Hey folks...

I actually found the gas prices going up as a perfect time to purchase my MH. They are selling but the dealers at least in my area seem to be willing to make some very good deals.

As for the impact to me and the DW boss, we just compare to the cost of flights and hotels and find the MH still to be cheaper. I also like the fact that I can stop and go when I want to, take a nap, have a bite to eat and not go through the hassle of airports while on vacation.. I do that enough for work...

W </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is exactly why I bought mine . Now I have 2 motorcoaches 2002 PREVOST XL 45 for coast to coast trips and big rallies and 2006 THOR HURRICANE for state parks and federal parks and small camp sites .Like GOOD SAMS and some KOA that can't provide space for over 34 footer plus toad behind it. And loving it every time I am going somewhere. We are leaving Key West,FL tues and are going west to AZ for a couple of weeks. Then off to CA for about a month.
And no we are not full timers. Just seeing AMERCIA while we are still young just turn 50 , wife is 35 and no chidren. With toad HUMMER or 2 sport bikes depends where we are going .
Old 06-16-2007, 03:12 AM   #19

Actually the price of gas has been coming down over the last few weeks where I live
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:08 AM   #20

just saw the temp on the news and they are mentioning temps over 110 in AZ. glad we are going to stay at the Lake where all the boaters and fun people stay for weeks at a time.Will be doing lots of skiing and racings karts.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:51 AM   #21

Thats great George, have a great time make sure u wear your life jacket....
Old 06-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #22
awr

Hi guys, you have a long way to catch us on price of gas here in scotland uk. current price is approx $9 per gallon.I have had the engine converted to run on lpg propane and it runs very smooth with very clean engine oil at due service intervals.had gas tank reduced in size and then installed two twenty gallon tanks for lpg below chassis.cuts fuel bill in half.one downside is you have to keep coach long enough to recover install cost. Alan

LPG Engine Conversion,steersafe,side veiw camera
awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:17 AM   #23

Bob & Pat were right on the money! Here in NY we had a news story about people driving to Massachusetts to fill up and save about 20 cents a gallon. If you have a 16 gallon tank and fill up completely, you've saved $3.80! Then factor in a 40-60 trip one way, even at 30 MPG, and you've spent roughly $10 in gas to save $4! And the people were BRAGGING about it!
P.S. - My time is worth more than that!