Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Hershey RV show

WOW! The Hershey RV show the past 4 days was huge as far as diesel pushers go. Thor, and Fleetwood factory reps told me they sold more DP's at this show than they have since 2006. Placed an order on a new Thor 42WX - does not exist on the Thor web site. They had a preproduction model with a new floor plan. I got a great deal in the last hour of the show. I know dealer cost on most brands, so negotiations were hard on the dealer. Most manufacturers had $10k of factory incentives on top of a dealers best deal.
thor42wx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #2

was there Saturday.... what a beautiful day. Got my sights set on a Palazzo. Incredible, the amount of hardware they had. They must've used an ARMY for the logistics of that show. BTW congrats on the new toy...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I was there too

It was my first RV show. It was huge! I highly recommend the trip if you have never been there. It was a learning experience for sure. We met loads of super friendly people. My wife and I are considering the Thor Palazzo 33.2.
NavyBlue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I tried to go to the RV show in Hershey on 9/15. I made the mistake of arriving about 5 miles from the show at around 11:00AM on a Saturday morning. The traffic was backed up solid for 5 miles and 2.5 hours. I got to within about 500 yards of the parking lot (I had looped around the show and at least saw some nice RV's from the road). However, I was about to run out of gas and my bladder was about to burst. So I broke out of the line, left the park and made it to the Sheetz down the road just in time. I figured I didn't want to go through this again when leaving so I just drove back to VA. I'd like to try going to this show next year. However, I will make it a point to go on a weekday instead.
mikebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #5

Thursday was light, some think like 5k people Friday was around 6k. It was a zoo Saturday and Sunday.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebreeze
I tried to go to the RV show in Hershey on 9/15. I made the mistake of arriving about 5 miles from the show at around 11:00AM on a Saturday morning. The traffic was backed up solid for 5 miles and 2.5 hours. I got to within about 500 yards of the parking lot (I had looped around the show and at least saw some nice RV's from the road). However, I was about to run out of gas and my bladder was about to burst. So I broke out of the line, left the park and made it to the Sheetz down the road just in time. I figured I didn't want to go through this again when leaving so I just drove back to VA. I'd like to try going to this show next year. However, I will make it a point to go on a weekday instead.
We also made the trip from VA. Came in late Fri afternoon, checked into the hotel and went to the show about 4pm. It was dead. We could spend 30 mins in a rig and never see another person. Skipped Saturday and when back Sunday right when it opened. Again we were able to spend about 20 mins or more in a rig before another person would open. By about noon the show picked up on Sunday. We did Lancaster County Saturday so we avoided all that mess. It was also so slow when we went that we could go back and forth from the different Palazzo models and nobody was in any of them. It was like a private RV show.
AXG1040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXG1040 View Post
We also made the trip from VA. Came in late Fri afternoon, checked into the hotel and went to the show about 4pm. It was dead. We could spend 30 mins in a rig and never see another person. Skipped Saturday and when back Sunday right when it opened. Again we were able to spend about 20 mins or more in a rig before another person would open. By about noon the show picked up on Sunday. We did Lancaster County Saturday so we avoided all that mess. It was also so slow when we went that we could go back and forth from the different Palazzo models and nobody was in any of them. It was like a private RV show.
Yes, that's the way to do it. I'm picking up my RV tomorrow so maybe I will just drive it up to PA early next year and stay there a few days during the show.
mikebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We drove up Friday from south eastern Virginia pulling the Honda behind the coach. Camped at a very nice state park half way between Hershey and Gettysburg. Hit the traffic Saturday morning. It was bad but only an 90 minutes from the CG to the parking lot. I think the trick is not to come in from Harrisburg on route 322.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote