RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

How long does it take?

We have an order for a 2013 Outlaw 37LS that we have been told the chassis has been "released". Our dealer tells us he has not been provided any type of time table beyond late March to late April for delivery. This is our first new RV. Can anyone share the process of building one and how long it typically takes to have one built?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very variable.
The chassis has to be transported to the coach builder.
Then there may be some time to get on the assembly line depending on what is already in process.
Depending on options ordered there may be a delivery time.
Wiring, plumbing, appliances, furniture , TVs, tanks, heater, etc in addition to the body.

After it is all put together it goes to the paint shop.

Then it needs to be checked out and driven to the dealer.

So overall April sounds like a reasonable estimate.

Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #3

Got some great news out the status of our 37LS. The Thor Representative sent an e-mail telling us we are in production and the coach has a 2/25 off the assembly line date. He said that once it is off the line it has about 14 days to get through paint and final inspections. If all goes well, he feels mid March delivery to our dealer. Let the happy dance begin!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
Got some great news out the status of our 37LS. The Thor Representative sent an e-mail telling us we are in production and the coach has a 2/25 off the assembly line date. He said that once it is off the line it has about 14 days to get through paint and final inspections. If all goes well, he feels mid March delivery to our dealer. Let the happy dance begin!
Congrats!! Best of luck with the delivery and your punch-list.

You're the new Outlaw delivery expert.

If you noticed, one of our forum members reported that the dealers in the Tampa, FL had sold-out/pre-sold all their Outlaws and therefore did not have any to show...that tells me they are doing very well and your coach should be as fresh as fresh can be

Best of luck!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #5

Got huge news(well huge for us). Our dealer has the VIN number on our 37LS. He told us that they usual get the VIN as it is being prepped for shipping. We can't wait. This has been like seeing Christmas gifts under the tree that can't be opened.

Any suggestions on how to learn everything we need to know from the dealer on delivery?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #6

congrats! i have a PDI check list if you need one... shoot me a PM with your email if you need one... Thor is knocking these RV out, do a proper PDI.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with Regridge in that you need to bring a checklist. The one I used was very detailed and took so long to go through that I sent the tech that was with us away so I could take my time.
A few items you might want to bring along:

Mechanics creeper to get a through look at the underside for leaks and improperly fastened/hanging wires.
A 120vac plug checker (this will also verify for a proper ground)
A 12vdc cigarette lighter checker. A volt merer will do
Flashlight
Pen and paper for your punch list items.
I also brought soft souled shoes for a walk on the roof
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Don't send the tech away during your PDI, make it a learning experience. Have him demonstrate how every system works, not just talk about it. Stay overnight to verify everything and continue PDI next day.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #9

Prospective Thor Owner Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
Got huge news(well huge for us). Our dealer has the VIN number on our 37LS. He told us that they usual get the VIN as it is being prepped for shipping. We can't wait. This has been like seeing Christmas gifts under the tree that can't be opened.

Any suggestions on how to learn everything we need to know from the dealer on delivery?
Hi tpspuck! My wife and I are prospective Thor owners too (ACE 27.1). This is our first motorhome.

I have a question for you - how did you get a hold of a Thor representative in the first place? Was this done through your dealer? Basically, I'd like to know if ours is in production as well, and where it may be in the process.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks, and Congrats!

T_Van
T_Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Don't send the tech away during your PDI, make it a learning experience. Have him demonstrate how every system works, not just talk about it. Stay overnight to verify everything and continue PDI next day.
My check list was 4 pages long and took me 1-1/2 hours to complete so I didn't want to feel rushed. Once I went through my list I went and got him. That was when he got his chance to explain everything to me that I didn't already understand as well as me telling him what I found on my own, that took another 3 hours.

It's been just over three weeks now and I'm about a week away from going back so they can begin my punch list. I call once a week and go over everything in detail and ask for updates on each item, As of today, all the parts have been verified and re verified, all the approvals from Thor have been granted. When I get there it should go very smoothly because I have three different contacts in my email list so no one person has all my information.

My first PDI took me about 20 minutes!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #11

Congratulations on your new motor home...when you do your PDI, don't rush...even though my heart was racing on the day of delivery I forced myself to slow down, and even then I missed a lot of things that I had to go back and get fixed. I've been in the shop 7 or 8 times since I bought my motor home 3 1/2 months ago... Be patient things will go wrong, but you're covered by warranty.

Good luck and Congratulations!
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Van View Post
Hi tpspuck! My wife and I are prospective Thor owners too (ACE 27.1). This is our first motorhome.

I have a question for you - how did you get a hold of a Thor representative in the first place? Was this done through your dealer? Basically, I'd like to know if ours is in production as well, and where it may be in the process.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks, and Congrats!

T_Van

Hi T_Van - I happened to meet the Thor Rep at the Denver RV Show. They did not have any Outlaw product at the show, so he took my business card and then contacted me with the info I was looking for. We stayed in touch through the purchase process. He helped facilitate a local purchase rather than having to go out of state because Colorado does not have any stocking Outlaw dealers. I am not sure if everyone gets this type of attention...I am an executive in the Auto Industry and my business card must have him thinking I have connections that overlap into the RV industry....I don't..but it has got me great service.
tpspuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My Thor contact came through my dealer but if that does not work call the Thor Concierge at 877-500-1020.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #14

Thanks

Thanks for the responses guys!

T_Van is offline   Reply With Quote