Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How to sanitize a Palazzo 33.2

Can someone tell me how to sanitize a Palazzo 33.2 fresh water system?

The four way valve has a position for sanitize/winterize; so I'm thinking you would use the fresh water pump to suck in the sani solution? Is this correct?

If so, how would you sani the fresh water tank?

Thanks in advance!
bbc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc5 View Post
Can someone tell me how to sanitize a Palazzo 33.2 fresh water system?

The four way valve has a position for sanitize/winterize; so I'm thinking you would use the fresh water pump to suck in the sani solution? Is this correct?

If so, how would you sani the fresh water tank?

Thanks in advance!
Get one of those hand pumps used for winterizing from CW or similar source. Put your sanitizing fluid in the hand pump, put the switch in the Fill position+, connect pump to inlet and pump it in. Then be sure to fill with enough potable water and run it through the system to dump into gray tank and then to dispose.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
To Sanitize or not to Sanitize.

I just finished doing our M.H. a couple of Months ago.
My tank holds 100 gallons of water so when I sanitize it I connect my water hose up to the inlet to the M.H. tank but be sure to drain the tank and when it's empty close off the drain spicket and before you connect the hose to the water faucet you pour into your end of the hose 1cup of house hold bleach (use a funnel if you need to) then connect your end to the faucet and turn on the water let it fill your tank, then turn off the water and then turn on your pump to run it through your lines. When you can smell it coming out of your faucets, let it stand for an hour or so then you can drain your tank and you may need to refill it a couple of times to get the smell out of the water coming through your faucets. When you refill it be sure and run the water through you lines again.
Note: If you can not drain your hot water heater then be sure and turn on the hot water faucets also along with the bath room & the toilet.
I hope this will give you some idea as to what to do.
It may be a good idea to do this when you are at a Camp Ground because you will be able to dump your tanks when your through.
If you have any of your paper work on the M.H. it should tell you the same thing. (thats where I got my info.).
Just a thougt.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks to both of you, good suggestions.

Terry, the Coach had a mini suitcase filled with manuals, however there were no good instructions on doing a sani. By the way, Union City is right next door to us!
bbc5 is offline   Reply With Quote