Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #57

I had to reset my Lippert auto-levers after I bought the Outlaw - the factory set had both rear wheels lifted off the ground. The leveler pamphlet that came with the coach details the steps needed to accomplish this (Level zero point calibration). You'll need a helper, level ground, and about 5 minutes of your time. You can set your rear levels to any level you wish. I would still make sure the overall coach is level using a bubble rather than my eyeball.

manual for Lippert Levelers

http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Le...eling%20II.pdf

I hope this helps.
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #58

I love my outlaw!!
Nucleartec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #59

Thinking of buying an outlaw..

Hi, my boyfriend and I are thinking of buying a (used) 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611. We are just wondering what you think would be good to look for (wear and tear wise etc). They've told us the engine has been replaced so mileage isnt really a problem there.. Also, do you think it would be suitable to live in year round? If not, what would your reason be?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marissa
mcorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you take some time and read through this thread, you will see that there have been issues with the automatic levelers failing, the pump in the fueling station binding, the external control for the audio system failing, and the seat covers deteriorating prematurely.

Personally I have not had these items become an issue yet on my 2008 but I'm not holding my breath.

You have to be careful and gentile with the interiors of these units as they are pretty delicate. Use a light touch on the doors and light switches and everything else you touch and it should serve you both well.

Personally I think living out of a toy hauler can be a great thing since once the garage is empty and you turn the ramp into a useable deck you'll essentially have about 46 feet of running room!

No sense consuming valuable space with a bedroom
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #61

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrie View Post
Hi, my boyfriend and I are thinking of buying a (used) 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611. We are just wondering what you think would be good to look for (wear and tear wise etc). They've told us the engine has been replaced so mileage isnt really a problem there.. Also, do you think it would be suitable to live in year round? If not, what would your reason be?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marissa
The "issues" such as they are, are pretty well documented here and in the other threads so I won't repeat them here.

As for the full-time living, several of us, here on the site, live in ours year round. For me it was (and remains) the right choice. The toy box room can be used in various ways and the living space can be tailored to suit your needs with some thought on how you're going to use the space. For example, putting in shelves, installing removable table tops, sliders for under the dining table, curtains, and on and on....you get the idea.

Join us here on this thread (that Don was brillant enough to think of - ) and I'm sure we'll have you drawn into the family before you know what happened.

Best of luck. Dan
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #62

Damon Owners Club
Took the Hula Hut out for a one day shakedown before the trip further South next weekend. I remembered why I love my Outlaw about 15 minutes into the day!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Next weekend we're heading out for our first trip since Christmas. It's just a local hop but one we do every other weekend just to clear our heads and get away. We've been waiting for this all non-winter!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #64

I too was thrilled to head out last week for my yearly cross-country trek to Alaska. He is so easy to drive and park, and looks so good from his annual wax job!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd love to see pictures from your trip. Eventually I'd like to make it out there.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #66

Excel Owners Club
We live in our Outlaw full-time but we don't travel anywhere it would be snowing or sub zero temps. I'm not sure the plumbing is insulated very well in the outer bays to keep things from freezing plus I went on the road to get away from the white stuff.
Lindaxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #67

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicap View Post
I too was thrilled to head out last week for my yearly cross-country trek to Alaska. He is so easy to drive and park, and looks so good from his annual wax job!
Vi, you'll keep us posted on not only the trip, but the fuel prices as well? My trip is scheduled to start the first week of June, up the east coast to MD, across to Montana, and back south through Texas to Florida in time for the annual Key West party season. I suspect fuel is going to dictate how far west I go before heading back more than time available to travel! Any real-time info is mucho appreciated.

Have fun!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #68

Will do. I paid $4.15 in the FL panhandle and $3.85 in Muskogee, OK for diesel. California will be awful...probably close to $5.00. My little car takes premium so I paid $4.03 in FL, filled her up with $3.47 gas in OK, and don't plan to need any fuel for her til I get to my summer digs east of Fairbanks...$4.25??? Oh well, it's only money!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What's the Salon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts View Post
Hi scsrab0088 in your post you mention a salon were or what is that, also is the an alternative for the fold out air matress in the couch i think mine developed a leak or the on off switch not holding.

GTS,
The salon...ya'know the main room...please forgive if that's not a common term. I heard it from a RV dealer to discribe the "Galley/Dining/Living" area of the coach.

Steve and Kim
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey all;

Just finished a 11 day trip, over 2200 miles in our 2007 3611 (W22 Workhorse) with a Hybrid Escape Toad on a dolly...San Diego, CA to Portland, OR by way of San Francisco and back, traveling with 2 senior citizens.

It rained literally EVERYDAY north of Redding (1 clear day Northbound and 1 Southbound). And that's Oregon Rain!! Second only to the Amazon Rain Forest, I think.

We made the garage into a guest room for the folks, since we don't have a 3612 (factory Murphy bed in the garage) or the "electric queen lift bed" in the rear. We layed wall-to-wall carpet and installed 2 twin beds strapped down to the e-track. The first night, we found that we really needed extra heat in the backroom with outside temps down to the 30's, so we picked-up a $40 thermostatically controlled/powered electric 750/1500Watt heater from Target. The heater is a free standing floor unit, so we didn't have to mount it and it kept them nice and toasty, even with the rear door closed. We stowed the heater for driving each day, when everyone was up.

We learned that in our 3611, the heat duct in the garage is only an anti-freeze feed, like in the belly bins, so the heater was a needed addition. I wonder if the 3612's have a better furnace vent in the garage(?).

We measured an overall average mileage at just over 8. -Not bad- I feel, thanks to the climb (North and Southbound) over the 4100 foot Tejon Pass and 4300 foot Siskiyou Pass, plus 20-40 mph headwinds back home through the California Central Valley. Between the Gas Killers, we were getting 11-14MPG! Parts of Oregon have unleaded regular as low as $4.03 and we found gas in California as low as $4.29. Here's a trick: Find a CostCo near your stops for discounted fuel.

We had very good luck at the 3 RV resorts we used (Glenyan in Ashland OR, Pheasant Ridge in Wilsonville OR, and Kit Fox, Patterson, CA). BTW, at Pheasant Ridge my Dish Network couldn't find a lock, because there were SO MANY pine trees. Even though it was the begining of Spring Break, reservations were not required.

That's the highlights of the longest trip we've made, so we're back to long weekends for a while...AND everything on the Outlaw worked without a hiccup!

Love our OUTLAW!!
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw