Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #379
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1505 View Post
I'm getting ready to order a cover to protect from both the Arizona sun AND the NORTHERN Arizona snow. On top of that, we routinely have VERY windy conditions that will have to be contended with.

Any info on wht specific products are being used out there would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
My current cover was just a mail order for the size that fit - currently have a Formosa cover from Amazon. Like item #290739196766 on ebay right-now.

The makers are pretty much all the same in the moderately priced cover market - Adco, Elite, Expedition, and Formosa are all resold through Amazon, ebay, JCWhitney, etc.

-EXAMPLES-

Name:   FormosaCvr.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  18.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	RVCover.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	26061

Name:	EliteCvr.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	26062

The key is to order the right length and height (the size that fits the Outlaw's 37'4" body, bumper to bumper and 12'6" tail) which is usally the tallest height they make to fit the high rear end.

This will get you a straight square box shape...the slack on the sloped front-end roofline and angled windshield is just folded over and cinched with the end straps.

For high winds - you will want to use EVERY tie-down eyelet along the covers hem to keep it from blowing-out which could cause it to rip open.

I WOULD AVOID THE "UNIVERSAL" COVERS THAT LOOK LIKE A BIG BAG. They are less $$, but have no zippers to help with entry while parked and while installing, plus they are made with much cheaper material (especially on the roof) and cannot be cinched at the ends..;.like this

Name:	UniversalCvr.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	26063

That's just what I have learned.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #380

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm very disappointed today! We made it out to the Hershey RV show only to find that they didn't bother to bring a new Outlaw. Newmar was here with their Canyon Star 3920 and from what I could see, it's not worth the $139k show price. Gulf stream didn't have their Bounty Hunter and the dealer that represented them almost didn't know what I was talking about. The Monaco Monarch at $129k was quite nice and an American Tradition at $800k was better than my 2 houses put together.

They say it takes a couple of days to get through the show but I guess they mean if you planned on going into every one. We were in and out of a LOT of them as well as through the indoor arena and saw everything we wanted in 4 hours
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #381
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I'm very disappointed today! We made it out to the Hershey RV show only to find that they didn't bother to bring a new Outlaw. Newmar was here with their Canyon Star 3920 and from what I could see, it's not worth the $139k show price. Gulf stream didn't have their Bounty Hunter and the dealer that represented them almost didn't know what I was talking about. The Monaco Monarch at $129k was quite nice and an American Tradition at $800k was better than my 2 houses put together.

They say it takes a couple of days to get through the show but I guess they mean if you planned on going into every one. We were in and out of a LOT of them as well as through the indoor arena and saw everything we wanted in 4 hours

What No Outlaws!? Did they send all the 2013 Outlaws to MHSRV? That's just wrong...but maybe they feel they don't need to advertise it

I feel the same way looking at the 3920...don't you think it's similar in quality to the Outlaw?..but costs $50K more and it's on the same chassis

GulfStream stopped making the Bounty Hunter 2 years ago, so no surprise the salesman didn't know what you were talking about.

Sorry you were in and out so fast. Have some Hershey chocolate for us
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #382

We were disappointed that there were no Outlaws as well. The only one we saw was in the parking lot I guess the market is a small one so they don"t fell the need to bring one to the show. We did get some kisses for the trip home.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #383
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey all,

There's a VERY RARE 3808 Outlaw w/ The Freightliner FRED for sale in St. Louis, MO:
2009 39

If you know anyone that has wanted one of these - here it is.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #384

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
That might have been mine. I was parked in the grass field all the way at the bottom of the hill.

I'm getting a quote from the shop that's painting all the new outlaws. I bought a few replacement pieces of Vinyl for now but by this same time next year there will be more that need replacing. I'm hoping that since they have all the masks that they will be more cost effective than what I've bee quoted so far. One vendor at the show told me that it would cost about $20k and three weeks in Florida
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #385

On the subject of no Outlaws at shows...there is an RV show in two weeks here in Michigan and Thor isn't sending an Outlaw : - (

I did, however, get invited down to the factory to check things out, not that anyone really needs an invite.

I was at the local RV dealer on Saturday and asked if he could get the Outlaw. He scratched his head and said..."hmmm...not really a demand for class A toy haulers. I don't think anyone's making them anymore."

Uh....wrong...
Renthorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #386

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think he needs to get edgamacated!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #387

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Hey all,

There's a VERY RARE 3808 Outlaw w/ The Freightliner FRED for sale in St. Louis, MO:
2009 39

If you know anyone that has wanted one of these - here it is.
Jeez, if someone is willing to pay that kinda money for that 3808, I'd give em mine and they could have the extra bed!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #388

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some people don't understand the amount of depreciation these things suffer from and either try to get what they still owe on them or what they think they're worth. Granted mine isn't on a Freightliner chassis but I think I'd be lucky to get $70k for it never mind a decent trade in which I think is somewhere in the mid $40's
Old 09-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #389

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Some people don't understand the amount of depreciation these things suffer from and either try to get what they still owe on them or what they think they're worth. Granted mine isn't on a Freightliner chassis but I think I'd be lucky to get $70k for it never mind a decent trade in which I think is somewhere in the mid $40's
Unfortunately, I think you're right on the mark.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #390

Damon Owners Club
Problem with Seat Covering?

I stumbled across this link on another forum. I know I'm not the only one here who has talked about this so I wanted to share in case you hadn't seen it. Strength in numbers!

thorowners

Enjoy...and, yeah, I still love my Outlaw.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #391
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
I stumbled across this link on another forum. I know I'm not the only one here who has talked about this so I wanted to share in case you hadn't seen it. Strength in numbers!

thorowners

Enjoy...and, yeah, I still love my Outlaw.
I love my Outlaw too And I don't have this problem on my seats. Maybe the first owner had it fixed(?), but they look like original style fabric, so I consider myself lucky.

Anyone here having this issue?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #392

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had but a call to Bill Sauer (sp) of Thor got me a new set of covers. Hopefully they're made from the new material but I haven't put them on yet.

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw