Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #463
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a construction pic from Tony of his new 4 pack battery tray:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	28217

The caption was:

"2 inch angle iron with miter cuts ready to be welded"
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #464
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a link to a video of Tony's TV install over the door...looks great!

For all our "newer" Outlaw owners, we only have a cabinette above the door. Damon changed that in 2009 or 2010 I think.

WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #465

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Here's a link to a video of Tony's TV install over the door...looks great!
Tony, that looks great. And, thoughtful of you to make that door so that you can increase your storage. Sweet!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #466

Damon Owners Club
New Question for all us Outlaws

Has anyone done any modification to remove, or even researched the idea of removing the dinette seating area and replacing it with a work-station of some sort? I know Vi, the two Linda's and I are about the only FT'er's using Outlaws (well the vocal ones anyway) but surely one of the rest of this creative little group - y'all spread in all these different locations - have at least thought about it. . .right?

I know I'd lose the underseat storage, and would have to relocate the bass speaker, and lose the seat belts from under there, but all in all it seems pretty straight-forward as a modification. I do so much work (OK, maybe not all work, I do on occasion check the weather and social media) at the PC that not having a comfortable location is starting to bug me just a might. Another side benefit may be to later add a little longer sofa to accomodate my 6'1" frame for those rare moments napping.

There are a bunch of mods on other threads that people have posted about desks that there are more than a few ideas about how it can be approached. But, since we're unique, and must stay that way, I'd like to hear if anyone has already started this potential project.

Come on guys (and gals, since you're really the imaginative ones) share your ideas!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #467
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Has anyone done any modification to remove, or even researched the idea of removing the dinette seating area and replacing it with a work-station of some sort?...

Come on guys (and gals, since you're really the imaginative ones) share your ideas!

I am not thinking about removing my dinette, but can tell you that there is really nothing special about the mounting. I went throught the entire dinette looking for striped mount screws after I found one that was pulled out.

The carpet and wall paper was installed before the furniture. The removal will just be a work out with a phillips screw driver...maybe you will want to acquire an electric screw gun.

You will also need to pull the seatbelts and all the mount points will leave holes in the walls and carpet.

I saw one post on this forum about an owner that removed the dinette and installed a desk with a center board that would deploy into a dinner table for 2chairs. It was custom made carpentry, but I guess the sky's the limit.

Best of luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #468

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
I am not thinking about removing my dinette, but can tell you that there is really nothing special about the mounting. I went throught the entire dinette looking for striped mount screws after I found one that was pulled out.

The carpet and wall paper was installed before the furniture. The removal will just be a work out with a phillips screw driver...maybe you will want to acquire an electric screw gun.

You will also need to pull the seatbelts and all the mount points will leave holes in the walls and carpet.

I saw one post on this forum about an owner that removed the dinette and installed a desk with a center board that would deploy into a dinner table for 2chairs. It was custom made carpentry, but I guess the sky's the limit.

Best of luck
I've done some digging under there when I was routing cables and agree taking it out should be pretty simple. And the more I've looked on how to use the space, the more I'm convinced it's going to have to be some type of a custom build (this is that time when I sigh over losing my house garage and all it's nice wood working tools eh?).

I'll let y'all know how it goes, but keep the ideas floating in....I can use the extra brain power!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #469

My issue is needing a place for my two sewing machines (recently bought the serger of my dreams!). I have set up a 2'x4' portable table and a cushioned folding chair as my workstation. It is set up behind the passenger seat perpendicular to the coach...I can still get to the cab if necessary. When I'm in the throes of creativity the Beast looks like a sweatshop, but that is one of the perks of living alone.

It only takes an additional 10 minutes or so to break it all down and stow it all in the garage while traveling from job to job (the two machines go into the little car's "trunk"). It is a slight PITA having to do so but I still LOVE MY OUTLAW and living the good life!

Anyone need a fleece balaclava?
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #470

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicap View Post
"in the throes of creativity"
I am sooooo stealing that line somewhere down the road!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #471
Dry

Damon Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I was wondering, Is the Gulf Stream Bounty Hunter our sworn enemy?
(Bounty Hunter - Outlaw) They have a similar floor plan to boot.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #472

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not sure what came first, the Chicken or the Egg. I was in one over the summer and was impressed with the fit and finish. The owner had a Honda Goldwing Trike that he carried and he loved it. They stopped making them a couple years back which it unfortunate.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #473
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry View Post
I was wondering, Is the Gulf Stream Bounty Hunter our sworn enemy?
(Bounty Hunter - Outlaw) They have a similar floor plan to boot.
I wouldn't call it a sworn enemy...maybe long lost "bigger" cousin.
They came with a 12' or 16' garage and 39.5' or 40' overall lenghts...all on the 26K lb Ford V10 chassis (27K lb Freighliner FRED optional)!
Class A Toy Haulin’ Bounty Hunter

I was looking for one when we found our Outlaw and there were none to be found.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #474
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tony's Bench/Bunks

Here's 3 pics of Tony's (GTS) garage/bench/bunk set-up.
He wrote "we used it this weekend 10 of us used it for dinner with a couple chairs at the ends used a broom and a blower good to go"

Name:	IMG_1971.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	28513

Name:	image (5).jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	28514

Name:	image (6).jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	28515
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #475

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Here's 3 pics of Tony's (GTS) garage/bench/bunk set-up.
He wrote "we used it this weekend 10 of us used it for dinner with a couple chairs at the ends used a broom and a blower good to go"

Attachment 28513

Attachment 28514

Attachment 28515
Here is a link to a vendor that has these folding bench/beds as well as a bunch of other interesting "garage" add ons: Aluminum Storage Products for Trailer, Shop or Garage by Blazin Bell Tech

Hey, it's only $$...
Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #476
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I love owning a celebrity RV! It usually takes just a second to set-up at a destination but much longer to tell everyone about the Outlaw!

I had to laugh today when I was looking for RV shows in my area...and what did I see, but the center picture on a website for a big local show is an Outlaw in fill body paint with everything opened up...looking very nice:
California RV Show - California RV Show

Do you enjoy the attension or not?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw