Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #785

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I had Dual Dynamics Crossfires on my Duals on the Outlaw. I like them because there's a visual indicator of pressure, As the tires warm up they balance themselves out, if there's a leak in one, the crossover valve closes. Couple that with a pressure monitor and I'd say you were good.
What pressure did you choose for the Crossfires?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #786

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought new decals from Valley Screen printing. The solid colors aren't too expensive but the graphic fade and diamond plate ones are over the top expensive so concentrate on saving those.

I don't know how you would save them.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #787
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
I know this has been discussed, so bear with me. Oh, and I love my OUTLAW goes without saying.

I discovered three of my driver side decals have started to curl and peel from the edges. That side sits in direct sunlight for the bulk of the day, and although it's not summer yet, it's obviously having an impact.

Eventually I'll have to bite the bullet with Thor about a decal set, but in the interim, have any of you found a way or method to slow down the peeling? ITs not bad yet, two of them maybe a 1/4 inch over a 18 inch section, and the last one about 3/4 inch by 10 inch. I'd like to get a handle on it before its out of control!

Help?

While I have not done this...I read in a truck magazine that body decal peeling can be stopped using clear nail polish applied under the lifting edge. Then hold the edge down until the polish dries - using a straight edge made of some material that would not bond to the repair (like a putty knife).

I was thinking that the polish probably acts at a glue, it's cheap, and is pretty easy to handle. The down side would be that the area that was repaired might look different when you finally decided to remove the decal
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #788

I too was going to pose the question of decal peeling to the group. Fortunately I have some clear nail polish on hand (cue the orchestra...I Enjoy Being A Girl!) so can fix the few curls in my decals.

Caution to Dan et al...when I had some warranty work done on my decals a few years ago the tech told me Damon only kept the full sets for 2 years after production. I don't know if replacement sets are available from Thor for our older models. Pls let me know if anyone knows for fact.

THX!
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #789

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
The company that makes them for Damon has the files and can cut them for you. It's not cheap especially for the vinyl that's showing the fade and graphics. The swoop on the side that fades from maroon to beige is over $500 just for one side! But, almost all of the solid pieces together for one side is just over $300.

Full body paint is only $13k
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #790
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicap View Post
I too was going to pose the question of decal peeling to the group. Fortunately I have some clear nail polish on hand (cue the orchestra...I Enjoy Being A Girl!) so can fix the few curls in my decals.

Caution to Dan et al...when I had some warranty work done on my decals a few years ago the tech told me Damon only kept the full sets for 2 years after production. I don't know if replacement sets are available from Thor for our older models. Pls let me know if anyone knows for fact.

THX!
I know from personal experience that Thor does not currently have replacement decal sets for the original (2007-2011) lay-out.

When I called Elkhart about my '07 decals, they referred me to a decal company that also did not keep any spares, but they were willing to run an $et for me. They would only run a full set and the quote was too pricey for me.

I learned from this forum that there was a second company that provided decals to Damon...tried calling, but they are out of business.

AND, the 2012 models and 2013 decal lay-out's are VERY different (see post #209 in this thread). So, some time has passed since the old lay-out was produced making it even more difficult to replace.

I know it's a problem that is shared by all RV brands that use decals (cars and boats too). I LOVE MY OUTLAW, but I hate body decals and will be removing them all as they fail. Wow what FUN that will be!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #791

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Valley Screen was willing to cut me anything I needed. I actually had them cut the maroon, beige, and black pieces for just the passenger side and looking back it was $611.00 for all of the pieces I wanted, I actually bought them and handed them over in the trade.

Although they didn't make all the graphics for all the models they did do the vinyl on my 08 Outlaw

Shirley Jimenez
Customer Service Rep.
Valley Screen Process
Ph: 574-256-0901
Fax: 574-255-7966
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #792
gts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicap View Post

THX!
Hi GTS here, i read the tread about the decals, were i store the rv there's a gentelman there (jim) he has a weekend warrior fifth wheel that had peeling decal, he went to a graphics co. they made him a complete wrap to duplicate the originals. You cant tell the difference there no edge on the decals it goes from top to bottom, he said the cost was 1/3 of new paint.
Just an idea
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #793

Damon Owners Club
Decal Thanks

Thanks for all the responses. That's one of the unique things about this thread I don't see in any of the others...teamwork to solve a common problem. Maybe that's why I love my Outlaw.

I've tried trimming and even resealing the decals, and, even tried the fingernail polish idea. All with various positive results. Only time will tell. I've taken some before and after pictures of the three problem areas, so as time progress' I will try to update y'all.

In the meantime - thanks again - y'all are the best!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #794

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Thanks for all the responses. That's one of the unique things about this thread I don't see in any of the others...teamwork to solve a common problem. Maybe that's why I love my Outlaw.
I have to agree with you. I think that's just the nature of the personality type that chooses a toy hauler to begin with. Creative, adventurous, curious, unafraid to jump in.

As I look around at other Class A threads, I'm uninspired to start a thread such as this one for the Challenger. I just don't feel the excitement will be there, and definitely don't feel that the owners will be as adventurous.

You guys are stuck with me!

I bought an enclosed trailer yesterday. I'll call Valley Screen Printing and order the Outlaw graphics for it
Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #795
Dry

Damon Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
How many of us are full timers?

I'm not yet but will be in a month or two.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #796
gts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry View Post

Hi gts, im not a full timer, but im going somewhere either to the desert, the lake to a job site or even just parked in front of my house to get a little privacy at least 15 day,s a month. My cousin is moving to Havasu city, I told him that we can fill the garage and take a road trip and I'LL even split the gas with him, that's how much i like to drive the beast.
Its funny, I have to go back to N.C. in March and tickets are cheap, But I would rather drive. (theres got to be somthing wrong with me)
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #797

Went a motorcycle event in Baltimore and saw the new Outlaw. A few observations from me and the wife:
Tha good

Loved the side opening storage doors and the storage compartments are much large.
The fuel station is moved the most rear compartment where it should be.
The sewer connection moved back, now not under slide.
Loved ramp patio with side rails. A mod I will do this year.
The pull out pantry
Complete cover over stovetop so more counter space

The bad

No more halftime microwave oven. Microwave above stove Takes away cabinet storage space.
Drop down bed over driver seat makes front storage cabinets smaller and moves a/v equipment to cabinet to the left of the exit door. Overall the new model has less cabinet space to use. This is main complaint.

It has a few more changes but that is what we noticed right away. I wish my 2012 had side opening doors but other than that no good reason to consider the new model. My 7˘. (Inflation)
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #798

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry View Post

Guilty. FT since Jan 2010.

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw