Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2019, 05:57 AM   #6329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
The overflow outlet is below the bottom of the tank?
Yeah, that's a problem.

Instead of adding a new vent...you could add hose to the existing vent and loop it up high to create an air break.
Or, double check the line for existing hose that has drooped, allowing the siphon.

You just don't want a vent that can leak water inside the coach.

Best luck
Yeah seems like a bad design to me, but there is an overflow on each end of the tank and both are connected to hoses that go out the bottom of the wet bay. I plan to put a Tee in one of the hoses with a short line that goes a couple of inches above the tank. I think that will solve the problem but I would like to get some sort of a check valve or at least a filter to make sure I don't get nasties in the tank.
Nyrken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #6330

So I have spent a couple of months exploring possible cliff-camping sites on Arizona's Mogollon Rim. This is basically a 200 mile long cliff, so I figured there must be some sites accessible for my OTL. I finally found some sites in Sitgreaves National Forest 13 miles east of Payson. I got there and explored most of the sites along forest road 9350. Since it is late in the season and a storm of rain and snow was due to arrive in three days, there were only 2 other campers there, so I had my pick of sites. The one I chose was the best for view and backing-up space, but it was a little tricky to maneuver the tall OTL into the site. But totally worth the effort.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-20-2019, 10:36 PM   #6331

In the picture below you can see my OTL on the far left cliff, just blow up the photo. This is just a spectacular piece of country here in AZ that gets generally overlooked because there are so many other spectacular places here.
[IMG][/IMG]

And just to prove that I am not the only nut that likes to cliff-camp, here is another guy I met while scouting the sites who also enjoys this. But he is in a toyhauler trailer, there is no way I would back a trailer near a cliff That guy is truly nuts . Like the thread says, I love my OTL
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #6332
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
End of the 37RB Floorplan?

The makers' website reads:
Quote:
37RB | Ford 38'-10" Class A Gas
Dealer Stock Inventory Only
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/outla...a/floor-plans/

What do you think that means?

If ending...that will leave be the "KB" and the loft less "MB"...both at a monster 39'9" in length

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:16 PM   #6333

Sigh . Thor has veered the OTL so far off of its original concept. IMHO the loft is one of it's best features. Now the only loft available is only accessed by a ladder from the garage?!? Wow, total fail in my book.

Again, make it simple, just modernize the old 3808 with the loft and 12' deep garage. Like this floorplan, except a dinette instead of opposing couches.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-14-2019, 12:20 AM   #6334
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jeff,
Yep...but we got ours...

I guess (considering price point) the Class A is going to older couples (like triker's or those w/ 2 cruisers or dual sports). So the King Bed (KB) or Massive Bedroom with 9foot ceilings (MB) are preferred by those owners. That price point is a bit high for families that are better served by the legacy loft models.

The new'ish Class C's are filling-in for younger buyers or those with less deep pockets.

I know that if 20 years ago, there had been an Outlaw 29J, we would have had one instead of the towable we had. But back then, FunMovers were really the only offering...and relatively too expensive.

TMC knows their buyer...but, I will always think a basic Class A Toy Hauler should be in the line. Make it less fancy, with 12'-13' garage...then a split bath, and dinette of course. All things a family or camping group needs.
The "why not" for TMC is easy...that is a buyer they want to get into a Class C Outlaw now. Then get them into a Class A Outlaw in about 7-10 years RV business, baby!

Oh well. Like I said, we got ours. And the Workhorse 8.1L/Allison 6Speed combo still beats Ford. Even beats the new Ford Godzilla 7.3L/6speed combo's reported numbers. We will just keep ours for the near term.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #6335
gts

front Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
We weekend in our Outlaw and plan a couple of week long trips each year. We've had ours for just over two years now and have just over 20k on it. We bought it to haul the bike as well as taking our dog with us. We've enjoyed traveling to and waking up at so many different places since we bought it that now we think RV'ing constantly.

Our Damon is serving us well and we couldn't be happier.
Hi GTS here, havent been on for a while but when i have an issue i know were to go. Off the subject a little Ive changed the front shocks at 15K, the outlaw has 29000 there due again. Now im ready to install the 3rd set. I want to go to somthing like an overload or an air shock this time the monroe shock that i bought were suppose to be for the rv and rated as well, however and this time I also have to replace the front tires because they were cupped so bad. So any help out there with a front shock that would lastor any idea's is GREATLY appreciated
Old 12-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #6336
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts View Post
Hi GTS here, havent been on for a while but when i have an issue i know were to go. Off the subject a little Ive changed the front shocks at 15K, the outlaw has 29000 there due again. Now im ready to install the 3rd set. I want to go to somthing like an overload or an air shock this time the monroe shock that i bought were suppose to be for the rv and rated as well, however and this time I also have to replace the front tires because they were cupped so bad. So any help out there with a front shock that would lastor any idea's is GREATLY appreciated
Experts often say the #1 cause of "cupping", also called scalloping is inflation. These big RV tires should not be set at the max PSI listed on the sidewall....unless the tire is actually at max weight capacity.

Over inflation for the load will cause a micro-bounce that creates the cupping. After a while, the cupping is permanent and cannot be overcome.
Over inflation also degrades ride quality.

In the near term, weigh the front end and set the tire pressure as prescribed for the load.
When you replace the tires, check the paperwork and set the pressure accordingly.

Of course, shocks will need replacement as prescribed.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #6337

I followed the advice of a lot of posters from iRV2 and had the Koni FS shocks put on 18 months ago. They are supposed to have superior dampening qualities and have softened the bridge abutment bangs you get on the front end.

Do a search for Koni shocks in the motorhome forum and you'll see lots of posts.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #6338

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are we supposed to change our shocks every 15K miles???
Old 12-19-2019, 08:54 PM   #6339

Well I went and did it. I self Secret-Santa-ed myself and have gotten a brand new Outlaw motorhome! I'll try and post photos tomorrow when I take full possession.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #6340
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Well I went and did it. I self Secret-Santa-ed myself and have gotten a brand new Outlaw motorhome! I'll try and post photos tomorrow when I take full possession.

Errrr..."brand new"?

So that's got to be a RB, 'cuz the MB has no loft and the KB has a loft only for kids (enter through the garage side).

And, interesting move at the eleventh hour before the release a new/bigger engine coming to the chassis.

WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-20-2019, 12:10 PM   #6341

Yes Steve, it is a brand new model, the Outlaw CL.

The last mods are being performed today.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #6342

OK, here are the first photos of my new Outlaw model CL (Classic Legos). It is a retro-modern version of the original 3611 model.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw