Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #15

We have the ACE 29.1 and love it! Lots of minor issues, but dealer has fixed them all.

Storage locks are all using that general key, so need to get that fixed.

No ladder, and want one

Cable in bedroom needs to be swapped with hdmi

Bed was not comfortable the first few times but is getting better.

Awning is not adjustable, wish it was.

The handle is setup for internal lights but there are none.

The steps out could easily cause a fall because they are in the middle of the living room. Going to build a cover for that area to make it safer.

For some odd reason, they put the shower UNDER the slide out...

LOVE the 'office' in the passenger front seat.

LOVE the storage - the garage, the side of the stairs, etc.

Wondering about the battery compartment. Will it hold 4 t105s?
Tgonser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
New ACE 29.1 soon .

Bought a 2012 ACE 29.1 last Sunday ( Oct.2 ,2011 ) from a local dealer here in
the San Francisco Bay Area. We pick it up this Sat.

I was all set to go thru RVdirect and drive it back from Albany, N.Y. but the dealer made me an equal offer. Rvdirect price plus the $3,500 it was going to cost me in plane fare and gas to dive it back to here.

I will post any thoughts and issues as they arrive.
mgheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #17

check to make sure the table drops down and catches on the cleats on the dinette. our dinette was not square and the local dealer had to doubble up to make the cleats wide enough to hold the table as to make a bed....
I was told 80% of new motorhomes have a problem or 2. That still didn't make me feel better. At least it wasn't a major mechanical issue
Tv Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Just got home from picking up our new Thor ACE .
Did a 3 1/2 hour " walk through " and only had a few minor issues.
Biggest was right hand side camera guts in and out .. found cable kinked ! The cable was stuck under the engine battery ! Dealer has to order a new one.

Exterior storage doors do not seal unless both latches are closed, but then everyone says that.

Tv Boy .. thanks for telling me about table issue. Ours fit just fine.

I will add more if anything comes up.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had ours for about a month. Just got back going from NC to FL. Too much play in the steering. We had strong winds coming back and I was fighting the steering most of the way. I plan on installing SafeTPlus before we go out again.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Seals are fixed on mine. All replaced.

If they are positioned correctly (mid surface, not on edge) the doors seal great! Mine were installed in a hurry - stretching the material from the factory. When they age, or dry-out, the seal shrinks back into the original shape which also leaves gaps. Mine leaked like crazy in the beginning if both latches were not both secured- now they are tight. I close both latches most of the time but have two with only one latch closed in the campground - it has rained plenty over the last few weeks in Seattle with no water intrusion.

When the doors close, the new seals seem to have a pressure touch - you pull slightly and the doors jerk open.
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
First Trip - Shake-down cruise ..

Just got back from first over-nighter. Only 300+ miles round trip.
Had a great time and no real problems. Weighed ACE on way out at a commercial scale. With me ( 240# ) , DW ( 135 # ) , DD - dear dog ( 100 # ) , 3/4 tank gas, 3/4 tank fresh, MT grey & black, clothes, food etc. we came in at 15,080 lbs. total. Thought it would be higher.

One thing I noticed or rather the wife noticed was that after leveling ( we have the auto-leveling jacks ) there was a slight tilt in the middle of the coach down towards the slide-out side. I had a 32" level with me and the front and rear were level but there was a small but noticeable tilt in the center of the coach. In other words the coach frame was slightly twisted as if the weight of the slide-out once it was extended was pulling / twisting the coach down in that direction. Does any one know if this is normal for a slide-out when it is extended?

mgheron
Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoCharli View Post
ShadowT- We may end up being jealous about the sleep# bed. We got a topper to try first and then we'll decide about different bed. My back doesn't expect me to change a tire either so we also went the road service route, however, I did purchase an unmounted same size continental tire that IF roadservice can't find an acceptable tire I will have one they can put on. Especially as affects the dually's if a tire is slightly different(even if same size) major problems can result. Anyway, have fun on your trip be safe and make sure you post how everything worked out.
We installed a sleep number bed in our ACE 29.2 and love it. Had to end up buying one for the house as well. The DW was threatening to sleep in the motorhome every night!
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote