Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #1

Is there a way to find out the repair history from Thor?

I'm looking to buy a Class A and trying to do so on a budget. I've been looking at new units but a low mileage 17 or 18 might make my budget stretch beyond a Challenger or Palazzo.

I have found some late model units that only have about 10,000 miles on them and after reading about the basement leaking problems I was wondering if the units were traded in out of frustration and ongoing problems.

Is the a way to see the repair history on a used unit? Will Thor give me that information?

I was looking at a new 2018 Palazzo and put to use the information I gained here... Sure enough the large double door bay had water stains... I looked at the seals and someone had "shaved" on the the middle door seals to make it close easier and probably made an easy water entry point...
S_Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #2

Thor has records of dealer (warranty) repairs they paid for, repairs done at the factory (warranty or not), and of parts shipped to owners for self-repair, if they do this. Whether or not they're able to access that information and will supply it to you is an open question.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #3

Has anyone tried to get a units history from Thor?
S_Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #4

Yes, I tried in 2015 when I was looking to buy used. The response I got was unless I owned the unit they could not release the information.

An alternative is to have the unit professionally inspected. I have had some dealings with the NRVIA (National RV Inspection Association) They really know what their doing and are good people. You can get fluid testing done as well.

You can Google their wedsite
mcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair, thor