Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #1

Jensen JRV212T Blank Screen

I serched the iRV2 WEB site (Newmar Owner's Forum) and found a response provided by one of our commercial members (JensenRVDirect) and posted the following problem to him and I am reposting on the Thor site for your info:

Dear JensenRVDirect:
Yesterday I went to my RV (2013 Thor Palazzo with a Jensen JRV212T Touch Panel Mobile Audio and Observation System) and I quickly noticed that the time was not displayed on the screen. I started the generator and I could hear a loud hissing which I discovered was coming from the unit described above. I could adjust the volume but the unit would not turn off (volume only) screen was blank. I could insert/eject a CD but it would not play so it tells me I am getting power to the unit. I have a blank screen, no clock, radio, camera (rear or left/right turn signal cameras), etc.

I checked all the fuses in the chassis fuse panel and I removed the unit to see if anything came lose somehow and all looked OK.

Everything was working fine 3 days ago so something has happened just sitting…do you have any ideas or suggestions as what to look at next?

Thanks!
Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #2

Is this the unit that is on the front center column? Curious, does this unit have a Nav?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Is this the unit that is on the front center column? Curious, does this unit have a Nav?

Yes, the radio/CD/Back up camera in the center of the front console. No, this unit does not have a nav system. It has extra plugs coming out the back to connect Sirius radio and a iPod connector.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #4

Wonder if there is a reset somewhere... maybe thor can send you a new one and do a swap with them... that would be really cool of them if they did.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Wonder if there is a reset somewhere... maybe thor can send you a new one and do a swap with them... that would be really cool of them if they did.
I will do somemore troubleshooting before I contact Thor and if I do I will let you know what they have to say.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

I will do somemore troubleshooting before I contact Thor and if I do I will let you know what they have to say.
There is a small reset button on the front push it in with a paperclip and it should reset it.
Wbitz81670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbitz81670 View Post

There is a small reset button on the front push it in with a paperclip and it should reset it.
Thanks! I will give it a try tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks! I will give it a try tomorrow.
I tried the reset button but it did not work. I double checked all the fuses but the screen is still blank. Unless someone else has a suggestion I will call Thor on Monday.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbitz81670 View Post
OK...I fixed it but I am not too sure why it was not working in the first place? Attached to the main power plug there is a 15 Amp fuse (see attached) that I noticed as I was reviewing the Installation and Operation Manual. I pulled the fuse, like i did for all the other fuses in the coach and tested, it tested good so I reinstalled the same fuse. I continued to do other things and I needed to switch from "Store" to "Use" (switch inside the front door) and suddenly the radio came on??? I went over and it was working so i set the clock, checked the cameras, etc, and everything was working

The only thing I can think of is by removing the fuse it reset something

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg
Views:	3624
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	33653
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #10

Check to see if there is power on that fuse when the battery's are in the "disconnect" or "store" position. It is possible it was wired that way on purpose so that it shuts off the clock display so it doesnt run the batteries down over time.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRandy View Post
Check to see if there is power on that fuse when the battery's are in the "disconnect" or "store" position. It is possible it was wired that way on purpose so that it shuts off the clock display so it doesnt run the batteries down over time.
RVRandy:

Yes it is wired to remove the power to the radio in the "Store" position however the screen was blank regardless of switch position. That is what I was troubleshooting. For some odd reason it started working correctly after I removed and reinstalled the fuse mentioned in my previouse post.

Thanks!
Jack
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #12

Quote:
RVRandy:

Yes it is wired to remove the power to the radio in the "Store" position however the screen was blank regardless of switch position. That is what I was troubleshooting. For some odd reason it started working correctly after I removed and reinstalled the fuse mentioned in my previouse post.

Thanks!
Jack
hopefully you just fixed an intermittent loose connection... time will tell.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 33.3 Palazzo with the Jensen JRV212T radio, how can I get the "SAT" for Sirius radio to work? Does the Palazzo have the Sirius antenna and tuner module or does it need to be installed, and how?

Thanks, John Jupiter
John Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #14

@john Jupitor. I have the exact same question! I was told by someone on the phone from Jensen that a receiver and ant must be purchased. I am not totally confident with that info nor the person who gave it to me. He was trying too hard to sell me the parts on the phone. Calling Thor on Monday.

Barry
barrow is offline   Reply With Quote