Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

Just purchased a new Thor Miramar 34.3

We sold our DP and have been on the hunt for a new RV. The wife really wanted bunks for our 4 year old. We looked at a lot and we originally wanted to buy a 31' Winnebago Winnie Class C, then we saw a Winnebago Vista 31BE which we loved. What hindered me was the single AC unit, we camp in warm weather areas.

I have to admit I was very hesitant to buy a Thor as I have heard so many horror stories but like most consumer items you always hear about the bad, most people do not rant and rave about how trouble free their item is.

We looked at the following and issues we had with them:
Winnebago Vista 31BE:
Single air unit
No inverter
Lacking other options
Under Storage was small

Forest River GEORGETOWN GT3 31B
Single AC
Under storage
Options

Coachman Mirada 35BH (I loved this one)
No kitchen storage, none. There was no areas to store any food
Underside storage
Queen bed
TV outside but no speakers?

Because the wife was 100% set on bunks our options were limited. The Miramar is on the large chassis with the 22.5" rims so the storage is massive underneath. Has more storage than our DP. Wife loved the layout, colors and we spent 2 hours testing things in the coach like the AC issue, large slide issue so we made them bring the slide in and out multiple times and it worked flawlessly. Had them out a bucket of water down the shower drain to make sure it drained and it did.

In the end the wife is happy so I am happy. We are doing a PDI June 7th after they install a DirecTV HD dish and some other small options. The coach itself is fully loaded, has full body paint, dual pane windows. Doesn't have the theater seating either which I was happy, I like to lay down and relax on the couch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV5.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	128879   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV4.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	128880  

Name:	RV3.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	128881   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	128882  

Name:	RV1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	128883  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #2

I too needed the bunks for the kids, looked at the ACE, Palazzo, and Miramar but due to storage size constraints almost bought the ACE, then the Winnie 31BE came out with a copied floorplan from the ACE but had much more storage, which I liked on the Miramar.

I was worried about the single AC but so far its been fine, this summer we will know for sure. I just added a Magnum 3kw Inverter that will run the whole RV .

Palazzo 33.3 and Miramar 33.4 are almost identical except for diesel vs gas. Really like the Miramar, if I had the space for it I probably would have got it. Thor really puts out great floorplans especially for bunks.

Good luck have fun with it!

Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Great looking coach! And, having the right floorplan and storage means a lot.
I hope it serves you well.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations!

Beware, it looks like there is a guy in your bedroom that likes to take pictures!
Old 06-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #5

We have purchased a 35.2 Thor Miramar 2017. We will use the home to stay four months in Mississippi for the winter. Love the floor plan. We have had home for about six weeks and have been testing different items. I am taking back to the dealer to have items fixed. The dealership is a good one and have been very cooperative. All appliances work and there are minor things that need adjustment, the self leveling, the slide outs are a big concern as I have heard they can be a bear. Thor called me for a follow up and I told them there quality control is not very good. Unit was delivered dirty under the couches and beds I know things will be made right. Thor does need a new quality control manager.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice - great looking coach. Even though I guess we are seniors we have our grandkids with us a great deal. We travel about 7 months a year and we love our Thor. Some problems but we've found help each time to get it fixed.

You folks did the right thing, figured out what you wanted then found it. Great approach.

You also have the other half correct, a helpful dealer.

I'd say you got the best all around

PS: The storage that Thor figured into these is GREAT. Found there was some dead space so I put some wire shelving underneath. Check it out here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...rage-2185.html

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #7

Laid out like our 35.2 Miramar. It is at the dealership getting some warranty items done. We love it and hope it will last us until we can't go no more.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Exclamation New 2017 Miramar 34.3

Love the floor plan of the RV. Can't beat it.... And the RV looks real cool! This is our 3rd RV and finally found the exact plan match for our family of five and dog.

That being said.... Had major issues with the super slide since delivery on 6/8. We later found that Thor sold us the RV with the antiquated 2 track system found in older 2014/2015 models for some reason vice the 3Trax system advertised in their 2016/2017 brochures. This has caused all kinds of headaches and exhausting research to decipher the schwintek slide system.

Also took delivery with the chassis AC inop (hose leak). Major QC issues going on at the factory to allow such large problems! Never had such issues with our other RVs (2011 Itasca Impulse and 2001 Mirada). Praying that the "great looking" Miramar 34.3 isn't a lemon....

Jury is still out on the fixes (still at dealer)....
Old 06-26-2016, 08:42 AM   #9

We will know more this next week. We are getting new slide out tracks as the old ones not properly installed. We love the layout of this unit and hopefully this will be the only major item. Unit was dirty when we picked up and Thor motor Company needs better quality control. I will report further as facts develop.

Tags
purchase, thor