RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #1

Keyless Entry Thor Tuscany

Hello, I have a 2016 Thor Tuscany with a keyless entry that has stopped working. The inside lights respond when I try to open the door with the keypad or the remote but the door lock does not budge. The compartment locks do cycle open/locked so the communication between the keypad or the remote is not an issue. The troubleshooting guide in the manufacturer's instruction manual is not helpful. Has anyone experienced this problem before (the system is manufactured by TriMark (the e-ASK system). How did you fix it? Do I have to tear the door apart to access the wiring for the door solenoid? I look forward to hearing from someone with similar experience.

MDougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #2

There are two brass contacts on the hinged side of the door post that need to be cleaned. Try a pencil eraser on both sets of contacts (on the door and the door post).
Those contacts are the power link to your door solenoid.

Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #3

Yes, I noticed those brass buttons were kind of dark yesterday so I wiped them down with an alcohol swab and "presto", the door lock started working again! Thanks for the response!
Old 03-05-2018, 08:48 AM   #4

Do other motorhome manufacturers use that design for their locks? Seems like there would be a better way!!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #5

I had the same setup in my previous coach Itasca Horizon (Winnebago), so yes
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

Auto manufacturers use cables for their locks and windows ... seems like that would be a more sensible solution!
Old 04-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Rvbob55

I also have a 2016 Tuscany which I recently had the same problem with the lock.
They were right as to the two sets of brass contacts on the hinge side of the door. There are two small screws holding each side in place I had to remove the set on the door and there is a nut on the back side that had come loose and prevented the contact from extending enough to make contact.
I just took mike out and adjusted the travel of the pins and it works great now
RVBOB55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #8

Had the same problem, now it is an annual dollar bill or crocus cloth rub for the contacts

lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor