RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

LCI levellers hose failures

I have a 2011 Hurricane 30Q. Last year (Aug 2012) I found a bulge on the rear retract crossover hose (orange). I replaced it with an upgraded hose. This year (June 2013) I found the front right retract hose with 2 bulges. That was enough for me to abort a trip and replace all the remaining hoses both retract and extend. During the replace I found the front crossover retract hose also bulged. That was 75% failure rate on the orange retract hoses, 4 failures on 3 of the 4 hoses. There were no bulges on any of the black extend hoses but I replaced them anyway. All hoses are upgrades to 6000psi hose.
Has anyone else had these problems or am I a unique occurance?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I found a bulging orange hose in my 2014 Palazzo just by accident. If I hadn't moved a bundle of electrical wires it would still be there. Well, maybe I would have found it after it burst.

Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

Hoses

We had a jacks down alarm come on while driving last year in the Black Hills. I pulled off the road and set brake and hit retract all jacks. This started pump and then blew hose. Another had a bulge . They were replaced and within a few times of being used they buldged gain. Local dealer had custom hydraulic hoses made locally.

The hoses looked like the outer layer was separating from the inner hose. They all said made in china.
Tv Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #4

Thanks to both of you. i don't feel so alone now. I never had a "burst". The bulges appeared to be just in the sheath. 2 were at the fittings and 2 were in the middle. I found 3 of the bulges just on a normal visual inspection when I wasn't looking and the 4th only after I removed the hoses. I had one leak where the bulge rubbed on a metal edge. It was just a drip. That was when I went home to replace them. All the orange hoses felt like the sheath was loose and a bit spongy like the sheath was separated from the core. I never saw this on any of the black hoses but I replaced all 8 hoses. For some reason the system seems easier to use now. I have decided to use the manual mode in the future as the auto mode still gets carried away and tends to have wheels way off the ground.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #5

I had a bulge in orange hose up front by gen. This was caught by dealer at orientation. He ordered and changed it a couple weeks later.
Ridinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #6

Some info.:

http://http://www.forestriverforums....ses-15697.html

More Hydralic leaks in 2012 378TS - Forest River Forums
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #7

I also had an front right return hose ( orange hose) leak a couple of weeks ago at the connector. I removed the hose and had a new connector installed at a hydraulic repair shop. Lippert said they would pay for a new hose as long as it was purchased from them plus pictures and mechanic confirmed it was faulty. To much red tape, I needed a new hose that day, impossible to get when on the road.
Ps : I have a 2012 Daybreak 30fs. I now will have to take a closer look at the rest of my hoses
calvinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #8
HHg

I HAD a 2011 Serrano. I had one of the orange hoses burst and ended up burning up the hydraulic pump motor. They (Four Winds/Thor) gave me a new hose and Lippert sent me a new pump motor. Sure was a pain......

Hhg

HHg is offline   Reply With Quote