Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #1

Leak below shower

Has anyone ran into this on a Tuscany? Curious as to how you fixed it and what you found if you have been there?
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
I had a leak at the shower. Turned out to be where the water lines connect to the shower valve. Thor replaced the valve as the connection at the back of the valve had not been cut properly and had a burr on it which prevented the gasket from sealing. Tightening the connection would stop the leak until I drove the motorhome. Remove the access panel to check the connections.
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #3

Unfortunately my leak is in the drain system somewhere

Double checked it by pouring water into the pan to be sure it didn't come from the wall/water lines

Thanks for the thought
Old 01-18-2019, 01:12 AM   #4

My Ptrap and drain line for the shower on my ACE 29.3 are accessible through an access hole in the wheel well. This access point was covered over in the factory. Had to cut the opening myself. You may have a similar access point under your shower drain location.

Some info/pics:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/ace-...ml#post2806481
Old 01-18-2019, 05:40 AM   #5

I have the schematic for our drain systems and that drain line is shared with the washing machine and the shower. The bad news is my schematic does not show how to gain access to the drain area under the shower. I looked behind the drawer under the washing machine on mine and I don't see an access panel in there. If I had to get to the drain on my coach I'ld most likely peel the wall panel that is behind the shower in the bedroom. Heck on my coach that wall panel almost fell out all by itself. Good luck. If you need the schematic private message me, I have run out of room on the forum to post things and will have to e mail them to you.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
I have the schematic for our drain systems and that drain line is shared with the washing machine and the shower. The bad news is my schematic does not show how to gain access to the drain area under the shower. I looked behind the drawer under the washing machine on mine and I don't see an access panel in there. If I had to get to the drain on my coach I'ld most likely peel the wall panel that is behind the shower in the bedroom. Heck on my coach that wall panel almost fell out all by itself. Good luck. If you need the schematic private message me, I have run out of room on the forum to post things and will have to e mail them to you.
Thanks very much on the offer, I had did as you and tracked the washing machine drain.

I think my problem is right under the shower and looks like I will have to remove the pan and maybe just the total shower and go with the new style

Will keep you in mind if I get to that point, thanks again

Tags
leak, shower