Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #1

Leveling system motor failure

We have a 1 month old Thor Challenger 37 GT last week end the motor on the auto leveling system failed. The tech on the phone was very helpful in trouble shooting the problem and in getting the jacks up so I could get home. Problem we live a few miles from Elkhart IN the rv capital of the world home to the leveling system factory but I am being told that no motors are available for 2 weeks. Who would believe that. Glad I am not on the road far away from home.
TerryBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #2

Leveling system update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryBev View Post
We have a 1 month old Thor Challenger 37 GT last week end the motor on the auto leveling system failed. The tech on the phone was very helpful in trouble shooting the problem and in getting the jacks up so I could get home. Problem we live a few miles from Elkhart IN the rv capital of the world home to the leveling system factory but I am being told that no motors are available for 2 weeks. Who would believe that. Glad I am not on the road far away from home.
Well 2 weeks are gone and still no date as when I will get a new motor. I have emailed Lippert Co on there web sight and no answer next idea is to walk into there company office.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #3

Call Thor directly. They will take care of it. You will have to wait until Monday morning, but call and keep very good documentation of all conversations. And for any repairs, always take RV to factory in Elkhart. Their techs KNOW the Thor product, they will fix it right! There are dealerships out there that will tell you they know how to fix it, but don't take chances. Let Thor do it.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #4

Leveling system update

Thor was the first call I made after returning home but they are giving mid. Sept appointments. They suggested Charger Industry in Elkhart they got us in the next day. I am presently awaiting a call back from Thor for an a date at the factory for some other warranty items.

Tags
leveling