RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #1

Unhappy New coach horrible walk thru tech

We just purchased a 2014 Tuscany XTE 40'. The tech that did the walk through was a joker and used humor to cover up the fact he knew very little about the coach operations. Im sure I will be back to this forum, but does any one know how to use the surround sound with radio and TV? It works with the blue ray player but I cant get it to work with others. Not much info with TV's and Radio none on surround sound.
any help would be appreciated
Rickashby77

Rickashby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickashby77 View Post
The tech that did the walk through was a joker and used humor to cover up the fact he knew very little about the coach operations.
Ha ....... I had one of them !

Luckily for me, (and him), I had found the owners manual online, a couple of weeks before I was picking the coach up.
He learned a lot about newer coach systems that day !

Old 06-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #3

Must have been Sunset RV in Fife, Wa. Ours was very good but he was overbooked and left as we were just getting started.
KAMPURR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
there is a fellow on an irv2 forum (forgot which one) that owns a company called www.tvformyrv.com . try contacting him maybe he can help you.
tomd85208 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #5

I had the same guy??? And the answer to your question will solve one of my may unknowns.
CRay_Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #6

some help for your Tuscany

I have a 2014 XTE, no help at the walk thru, I have finally figured mine out.
The blue ray is for the front two tvs thru the HDMI switch.
You need to look at the HDMI cable color coding.
The HDMI switch in the bedroom is for the bedroom tv and outside tv.
One good feature is that the cox cable from the amp goes to all tvs.
Still working on the sound, can get the sound from xm to both front and back. I have the inmotion sat dish that does not work that well, still use my ground sat dish.

We love the coach, just have to work out the bugs.

If I can help let me know.

Dave

McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #7

Just had our 2nd walk thru with Sunset RV in Fife and we are now happy Kampurrs. We slowed them down and had lots questions which they answered.
KAMPURR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:21 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like you'll be asking a lot of questions. Sorry I can't help on this as I don't have surround sound. Luckily you were given a big bag of manuals that should answer your question.

On my walk through I brought a comprehensive PDI checklist, tools, voltage checking devices, and a mechanics creeper to inspect the underside. I sent him on his way and after about two hours of inspection I brought him back into the process to address the punch list I developed as well as to explain the things I didn't understand.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #9

That is how mine was...he knew where the door was...but when asked to operate some basic systems (I was coming from a TT) he had little to offer. Fortunately I know more than all the service techs combined now...and can take stuff apart and fix. I seriously think they just fly by the seat of their pants...

Case in point...they replaced my toilet because it was scratched...now it is loose. I had taken it in for other things and they "reseated" it. Well now it is more loose than before and it now smells like black tank in the lav...super! Thanks guys. Another 'revisit' to 'redo' something. So far none of my mods and upgrades have had to be redone. Hmmmm
Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
When I bought my Dutch Star I brought a camcorder to the PDI. I thought it would be a great reference in the future for something which I may have forgotten. The tech was extremely helpful and patient. Maybe because he knew we were recording the sesion. I don't know but I was happy I did it. I have referenced the tape twice. So it's worked for me.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #11

Welcome to iRV2.
I went along on the walk through with my B-in-L when he picked up his used Tiffin. To describe the info provided as poor would be an understatement. When at another dealer looking for my own coach, I asked about the people camped at full hook up sites on the lot.
Waiting for service I asked ?
Salesman said " No picking up their RV's , we have anyone who wants to stay here on the lot, to get to know their RV and ask questions about system operation. "
Wish they'd had a unit that suited my needs.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My dealer, MHSRV, has 24 full hookup spaces under a roof where new owners stay at least one night and the salesman comes round next morning to answer questions and discuss problems. Last time they let us park our trade in next to the new coach and we took 2 days to transfer everything. I wouldn't buy a new coach any other way.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
You all got a walkthrough and a pdi? Aren't you lucky

In all seriousness, when I bought my coach, they showed me how the leveling jacks worked (because I asked) and they left me to figure out the rest.

However, they did take me on a starting driving lesson, which was helpful
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I brought my own PDI that I found here. I brought all my own tools and sent the tech on his way until I was done. Then it was just to detail everything I found that I wanted corrected before I took possession. My first MH was basically a "here's the keys, have a safe drive home" exchange. That was when I realized I had done myself a disservice and accepted the fact that it was my fault that I had gone into the deal so naive. I struggled through warranty repairs and just learned to fix everything I could on my own.

When I traded that one in on my current MH there was so much water under the bridge that I not only negotiated a deal that offset the deal I neglected to negotiate on the first one but when I took possession of it, I was 100% satisfied that not a single issue was over looked and every item was documented and initialed by the tech. I was the KING!

DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote