RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #29

Firefly system

Has anyone seen an issue with the air conditioner fan and compressor being out of coincidence? When setting temp a couple degrees below ambient, fan turns on but no compressor. Setting 7 deg below turns on compressor. It shuts off again when temp returns to 6 deg below ambient. This leaves the fan running continuously. Thor and firefly are in a battle. Discovered some wiring issues but it didnít fix the problem. Am I the only one having issues with this system?

Markewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #30

GFI, why oh why.

Thought I had the GFI issue fixed. Had the dealer replace original GFI with the one recommended from Home Depot. The inverter would n9t recognize the new one so no power to any GFI outlets. Put the old one back, power restored, but still trips when inverter is powering everything from the coach. Grrrr.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markewelch View Post
Has anyone seen an issue with the air conditioner fan and compressor being out of coincidence? When setting temp a couple degrees below ambient, fan turns on but no compressor. Setting 7 deg below turns on compressor. It shuts off again when temp returns to 6 deg below ambient. This leaves the fan running continuously. Thor and firefly are in a battle. Discovered some wiring issues but it didnít fix the problem. Am I the only one having issues with this system?
Have had issues, but not that one. Is that front, rear or both? I do know that if running both AC's along with electric hot water and some other stuff on 30A that the compressor will shut off on the rear AC and the fan still runs. Doesn't happen on 50A or generator. Just the energy management system doing its job.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #32

I had the same problem with the GFI, and while I was at the factory service center, I was told that the factory had put the wrong GFI in. They replaced the GFI, but it still was tripping, so they replaced the inverter, and bingo no more tripping. I too had tried to replace the GFI with no luck. No problems with the AC.
Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #33

I replaced mine with a 8899 GFI. It is an older style with no "auto sensing" so I was told by another Aria owner with the same issue.
Since I have replaced it I have had no issues with the GFI tripping when changing power source.
I bought the unit on Amazon and could only get an Almond color, no brown available.
Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #34

Working with firefly as they believe they have a fix. Rear air only. Assume the power module is faulty.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:23 PM   #35

Weak AC

AS summer time approaches, I find that the AC units canít keep the MH cooled below 80 degrees. They just donít move enough air. I think we made an awful mistake buying from Thor.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markewelch View Post
AS summer time approaches, I find that the AC units canít keep the MH cooled below 80 degrees. They just donít move enough air. I think we made an awful mistake buying from Thor.
That's interesting. To my limited knowledge, the Coleman Mach units are pretty much the industry standard. Both of my Fleetwood motor homes had older generations. I think every one of the coaches we looked at for the 18 months, by almost every maker, before we bought this one had them.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:16 AM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All makes are built from various components built by various manufacturers, Coleman, Atwood, Suburban to name a very few. What products, fit and finish will vary by price. It all comes down to what floor plan fits your use and the amount of dollars you are willing and can afford to part with. I could have bought a more expensive and nicer coach for more money, but I would not have 16000 miles on the more expensive coach either. It gave me money to travel. I enjoy my Thor motor home and it does all I need in comfort now. If we go FT it will be bigger!
Markewelch do you keep your drapes drawn and the W/S shade down on those warmer days? Your front windows can make a huge difference in direct sun. The bath fan and any rooftop fan can pull a lot of cooler air out as well.

You may have bought lemons when you thought you were buying oranges...Make lemonade and enjoy!
Oldman5145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:48 AM   #38

Owning this 2018 Aria 3901 has been a challenge. If you donít have a clam, patient personality, pass on it.
Learn about your firefly system. This controls most important items in the coach. Slides, Air conditioner, heat, lighting, all system monitoring, generator, and more. The program module is the brain. When something goes wrong, it effects everything. When our air conditioners began acting up, the dealer replaced the unit. They know nothing about this system. After explaining the issue to a firefly customer service rep, the say replace the brain. Iím frightened to see how many problem arise as the software must be compatible with the unit. I could use prayers!
Old 06-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #39

I have a thermal barrier sun screen on the front window, the shade dropped, and the heat still wins. Firefly has provided some answers. I will update once we get a new program module installed. Once the warranty expires, I will begin tweaking issues. Until then, I a more at the mercy of the “bigger hammer” mentality of most RV repair centers.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #40

We are looking at Aria 3901, we just love the floor plan but with everything I read maybe we should run the other way. I haven't found anything about people that have had good luck with them.
Rascal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal3 View Post
We are looking at Aria 3901, we just love the floor plan but with everything I read maybe we should run the other way. I haven't found anything about people that have had good luck with them.
While we have had some issues, everything has been taken care of by the dealer or myself with help from Thor. We have been using ours a lot this summer and all systems are working well. I really have no major complaints and we really do love our Aria.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #42

Good to hear good news

We also love our Aria 3601.
We are going to the Thor rally in Goshen at the end of September. Thor will fix two to three items on your coach with free labor and parts cost. I have a form to fill out to list the items I need fixed...........right now I can't think of one.

Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor